Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: is anyone else watching the olympics?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is anyone watching the interview with Phelps right now...very powerful stuff about having been bullied when he was younger...he is truly...inspiring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched it!
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    How awesome was that story from when he was 15 and had just qualified for his first Olympics and a peer was commenting on him qualifying and he said, "I'm sorry...I can't really place you, have we met?" And the guy left and his mother said, "Don't you remember who he is Michael? He's the one who used to tease you so badly?" And Michael said, "Oh yeah, I knew just who he was, I just wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of me remembering."

Wow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I missed the interview. I can't believe he was bullied! Poor guy. That is really the worst. Bullies grow up to be hated for the most part.

One of my older cousins is an incredible person. She's taken such good care of her family, and her Mom (father left at her conception) all good things. Just one of those funny, pretty, kind people you always love to be around.

One day her Mom told her that "so and so" was going into the hospital for a serious cardiac operation. Her response (I'll never, ever forget it)? "I hope he dies."

That is what happens with unchecked bullies. She and her brother had been beaten up by this guy (and older kid and much bigger) time and time again. Tormented, chased, shoved in front an oncoming train, pushed into the creek...

They never told their Mom because they didn't want to worry her, and "knew" there was nothing to be done about it.

Bullying by children, or adults is a vicious act of violence. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 34453
    Bullying by children, or adults is a vicious act of violence. :(
    Couldn't agree more, Tink...could not agree more.

You should check the NBC website, I'm quite sure the interview will be on there....it's absolutely worth seeing...

Andrew was downstairs with me at the time, he was quite moved by what was said, having been mercilessly bullied himself when we lived in Texas. It was good for him to hear.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    We just got 2 more medals!!!!

A gold and a bronze in the women's triathlon!!!

Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    British men take cycling gold (again :D ). Britain have now overtaken Australia in the medal table.

I'm having to text Chris in Greece every medal we win as they are only showing the Greek windsurfer where he is.

Steven wants to do gymnastics now. This is going to cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ach Becca. Your sweet Andrew. :( Good that he's out of it now.

Whhhoooooaaaa! Dawn! That is going to be one expensive boy you have there!

Good that you are keeping our Skywatcher up on the Olympics! Hope they are having a nice time!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently Lisa has adopted a manky kitten. I've told Chris to remind her about rabies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ewwwww! Distemper too. Fleas...ticks...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast