Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: make-up and carry-ons

Post Thanks / Like
    I carry my makeup bag onto the plane. It has foundation which is liquid. I never take it out and they never say a word about it.

Also I have a small toiletry kit that I now carry on (getting stuck overnight in Charlotte makes you bring a lot if stuff with you lol). It has a disposable razor in it. Again they say nothing.

And I have a small bag that has a small lotion and anti bacterial lotion in it. Never take it out and they never say anything.

Of course I always get patted down when leaving Richmond. Bigger airports don't do that to me.

Your mileage may vary.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to fly every week up and down the eastern seaboard mostly, but cross country from time to time too. The only absolute is that the application of the rules vary at each airport! Used to aggravate me to death.

3.2 ounces for anything considered liquid or looks like wax (lipstick, etc). Nothing that can be determined to be used as a weapon. That's where it gets tricky. I've carried plastic crochet hooks on, but not metal...

I used to have an assistant who flew with a handgun. I didn't know anything about it until one airport scanned her checked luggage and found it and made her take it out. (I about darn croaked). They made her leave the airport and buy special trigger locks and then reported MCO for allowing her to fly with it without the locks.

You simply never really know what they are going to take from you, or let you go with.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    My mom flew down to Orlando this past Nov. She doesn't carry a purse but has this little wallet thing. She cleaned it out and thought she had brought her drivers license. Nope she had her Veteran's Administration card that specifically states "not a valid ID". The Richmond airport took her back and questioned her repeatedly about all sorts of stuff and decided she was ok to fly.

MCO? The TSA guy took a look at it. Said he'd never seen one of those and asked if you could only get it in Virginia. Then let her on through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12