Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hello :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie720, post: 300420
    Right now I'm debating on the Grand Floridan, Port Orleans, or the Poly... I wanted AKL but I want to be able to see the fireworks :P
    [/B]
    If you want to see the fireworks at the MK from your resort, you should forget Port Orleans. Even though it's our favorite resort.

Tom (... too far away...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Bride to Be! Sounds like you have some good plans in the making.

The Contemporary can provide an excellent view of the fireworks, too depending upon room location of course.

Also, Bay Lake Towers (the DVC attached to the Contemporary). You could book a villa there on the upper floors with a view of MK. That might help with family too, if you are willing to share accommodation.

Looking forward to hearing all about your plans and helping you with our opinions, too! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want somewhere romantic then I wouldn't go to the Poly. It was somewhere I have always wanted to stay and when eventually we did I was really disappointed.

My husband and I found it was really noisy and there were lots of children running round. We used to dread going to breakfast every morning and we found that even the quiet pool had children there - yeah I know it's WDW

Ironically if we wanted to sit somewhere quiet and relax, we would end up in World Showcase sat on a bench or over at the Beach Club, sat outside watching the world go by.

When we've been to the Beach Club or Grand Floridian it seems "grown up" if that's the right expression. I always find the atmosphere relaxed and calm. If I wanted somewhere romantic, I think I would opt for one of those.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    i would say the Grand Floridian for romantic, wasn't too impressed with the Poly and don't think that the contemporary is romantic at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh right. The Poly. No, can't say as I'd be rushing back there. Just an odd resort. Oddly laid out. Odd pool. Odd that there is no hot tub. Odd main lobby area... would't call it romantic.

Contemporary isn't romantic on the surface, but having a room or villa with full view of the castle, the fireworks and champagne? Romance. :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12