Thread: Friday Finally!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, the weekend is just about here and for us....ta da....a three day one!! What is new in your part of the world? How are you going to send the weekend?

As I sit here listening to Spectromagic soundtract thanks to Live365 Mouse House Radio, I am thinking of the day. Twenty two years ago to this hour, a most wonderful event happened to the Mr and Mrs Skips....our dear daughter Alex was born. I can remember it like it was yesterday. She was born on the second or third day of the first Iraq War. Such sadness filled the news casts but such joy filled our house. Not that she will likely see this but Happy Birthday Alex!

Her Mom and I are off to our local art house movie to see the Bill Murray movie Hyde Park on Hudson. Not sure if our British friends have had a chance to see it but here is a synopsis:

The story of the love affair between FDR and his distant cousin Margaret "Daisy" Suckley, centered around the weekend in 1939 when the King and Queen of the United Kingdom visited upstate New York.

Heading out to Charlotesville this weekend with our dearest friends. We will be meeting their daughter (headed back to grad school earlier and couldn't carry all her stuff in one trip), hanging out at the hotel, hitting a winery or two for tastings and playing spades for sure.

Great having Monday off!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Birthday to your DD Alex. Have a great weekend.

Taking Donna out to dinner tonight to celebrate her birthday, although we'll both be celebrating down at Disney next month.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Birthday to both!

I spent the day at a really great workshop. It's always nice when your time investment pays off, eh? It was nice to not have to drive into work today.

This weekend we are doing some extensive housework, or so I do believe. Herself is completely underwhelmed at that idea, but things have gotten rather out of hand so need to be reined back in.

Weather is supposed to be really cool! Maybe we'll sneak off and go to World Showcase if we get enough housework done.

I'm looking forward to just relaxing. Have had a very long and trying week, so not having to rush around like a wild woman will be good.

Oh, and the bats are well and truly gone. :)

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope Alex had a lovely Birthday yesterday :)

Nothing much planned for us this weekend, I can't walk at the moment without crutches so I don't fancy going out in the cold. Luckily we haven't got any snow, much to Chris' disappointment, he loves the snow

I think tonight we will have a movie night, we got a couple for Christmas that we still haven't watched, I'll send Chris down the road for some popcorn and chocolate and we will be all set.

Glad the bats have gone Tink but I guess my little man is sad though

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    He is! They were the little ones. Quite cute actually, we just didn't want them in our soffit and roof line, you know? :D

Spent half the day cleaning upstairs and it doesn't look like we've touched a thing. How can people collect so much junk?!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 300444

Nothing much planned for us this weekend, I can't walk at the moment without crutches so I don't fancy going out in the cold. Luckily we haven't got any snow, much to Chris' disappointment, he loves the snow
    Did I miss something? Why are you on crutches sweetie?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 300474
    Did I miss something? Why are you on crutches sweetie?
    No you didn't John I can't walk without help because my arthritis is really bad at the moment and my right knee is swollen and very painful :( This is causing pain to radiate down my shin to my foot and on top of that my muscle keeps cramping as well. My physio thinks I have something loose in there that keeps getting trapped, which is causing all the pain. Hopefully she can get it to move otherwise I will have to have another operation to flush the knee joint out

She helped a bit on Friday and I have to go back on Tuesday, so hopefully I will be a lot more mobile by then

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.