Thread: horrible office workers, what would you do?

Post Thanks / Like
    i think i work in the most horrible office ever and its really getting to me :(

its mainly women and theyre all so b**chy that im miserable and upset every day. i know the answer is another job and im trying but it isnt easy

whats the best way to handle it :( i dont really want to go back in but cant leave without somewhere else to go to

sorry thats its not a disney question

Post Thanks / Like
    Correct me if I'm wrong... but if they are bullying YOU then that is unacceptable in the workplace full stop. As you haven't really got anything to lose report them... start making notes of times and dates and what is said and done to you then go see a lawyer. That doesn't help you in the short term though I'm afraid :( *hugs hun*

Post Thanks / Like
    Then offer to make them all coffee and spit in it... ok not very Disneylike but it will sure as he** make you feel better ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    If it's any form of harrassment, Helly provided excellent advice.

If it's general whining and negativity, you have to control what you hear and your reactions. You have options from tuning it out and ignoring it to speaking up when the offenders stray too far from common courtesy. And you have to be able to leave it at the office.

Beyond that, provide a positive note in the office and keep looking for another job! You will find something good when you least expect it. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it a matter of professional behavior? If they are behaving in an unprofessional manner then perhaps training can help. Is there a supervisor? If so, then that person should be alerted to the fact that the office protocols need to be shored up, revised, put in place-whatever makes the most sense for the particular circumstances.

If they are directing unacceptable behavior toward you personally, first you need to tell them to stop. If they continue, then it needs to be taken to a higher level.

You could request a meeting and bring them all together and discuss the issues that are making you uncomfortable. It doesn't have to be in the sense of "these things bug me" rather in the manner of, "these things are eroding our effectiveness as a team" or "our ability to perform the job as well as we could," something along those non-personal lines.

Finding another position is always an option but as you say, it's not a fast solution, eh? :sigh;

Take care and try to find ways to relax and de-stress when you are out of the office!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks everyone, I like the idea of spitting in the coffee

the supervisor is useless and I dont think theres anyone to go to. I would normally have a meeting but theyre so unprofessional they would just laugh at me even trying to suggest it

they talk about me behind my back, gossip and nasty comments and when someone new starts who I make friends with they talk to them to make sure they stop talking to me :(

I know it sounds childish but when work is so much of my week it just makes me want to cry all the time

I would love to get a new job and go in there confidently and tell them all what I think of them

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds very much like bullying to me.... you know what to do hun.... take notes asap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good heavens that is totally unacceptable. The supervisor must have a boss, no?

One of the most difficult things I've had to learn is that I cannot change others, but I can change my reaction and response to them. Would that work for you?

I know you are already, but devote every minute of your free time to looking for a new position. Could you take some time off? You could use that time to look in person?

Work related problems are terrible. They do affect your life as we do spend a huge chunk of our lives at work. I once was so unhappy at work I used to start feeling sick to my stomach on Saturday nights. I was so happy when I could leave that job!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with everyone else by making notes of what has been happening. They are being totally unprofessional and I am sure that they wouldn't enjoy the same treatment. Is there anyone that you could confide in ?

It is not very nice what is happening to you and as you spend most of your time at work it can be extremely stressful. I would suggest you enjoy the time away from work and I hope you are successful in finding another job where the people are nicer.