Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free Disney Dining Plan - could it be the end?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertcraig, post: 300599
    WHITHOUT the free dinning maybe i wont eat as much and return from holiday not quite as heavy
    Robert that's what holidays are for

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 300589
    Sadly though, the dining plan itself will still remain and it's that which has ruined the restaurants not just the free component
    Totally agree Keith.
    One good thing has come out of it though. Ever since the various dining plans have ruined the on-site dining experience for us, we have ventured further afield for dinner and found some fabulous restaurants outside WDW, many of which are a darned sight less expensive also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 300605
    One good thing has come out of it though. Ever since the various dining plans have ruined the on-site dining experience for us, we have ventured further afield for dinner and found some fabulous restaurants outside WDW, many of which are a darned sight less expensive also.
    That's so very true! The columbia in celebration for example, we've had so many wonderful meals there which we would never have tried if Disney had kept up its quality
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    the DDP worked out cost wise when we stayed in OKW in 2011 as they also gave 40% off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Free dining was an awesome deal for us when it first cane out. We would stay at Pop and were able to get the regular dining plan without an up charge. We could stay for a week with 2 adults and 2 teens, buy a 1 day base ticket for less than $1000. Now it's a 2 day ticket and about $2300. Not a good value for us any longer.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loved free dining I went to many restaurants and had some great meals and did not have to worry about the cost

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    The free dining was/is a great discount for us, I think it was less than 2,500 for 7nights,tickets and food for the four of us in August. If they do away with free dining I would be more inclined to stay and eat off property. I would also split my time between US and WDW. When the kids were younger I felt like we needed to be on property to have that 24 hour magical feeling but now that they are older I'm okay to stay off property.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    It definitely is a big seller. If I had a big family, I would probably use it more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I think Disney could have come up with better ideas than giving away food to draw people in. One thing I like about dining at Disney is that I generally don't have to worry about having too much to drink and then driving back "home". However, the menus are starting to get boring with practically every restaurant offering the same items.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    if they do get rid of the free dining do you think people will buy it out of pocket because from my calculations you'd have to eat the most expensive things at the most expensive restaurants to get your monies worth. And if people don't buy it will the restaurants have less people eating at them- i certainly wouldn't pay a lot of the prices and therefore go out of business or would they reduce their prices meaning more people that didn't have the dining plan would eat there?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast