Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Disney Dining Plan - could it be the end?

Post Thanks / Like
    When Disney introduced the free dining plan, it was to encourage people to go and fill up their hotels dueing their quieter months. Now that things seem to have picked up and there doesn't seem to be a quiet time anymore, do you think Disney will stop the free dining.

I think that the UK were offered it for a short time this year, but I don't know that I have seen it offered anywhere else. With all the offers that I seem to get and see from Disney it is for hotel discounts only and not free dining.

What do you thnk could this be the end of free dining at Walt Disney World?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it'll end when and if they can fill the hotels at the quietest times which probably isn't the case right now. I'm sure they're CLOSER to that situation than they've been since pre-2001 but still having empty rooms at certain times hence the UK offer.

The UK offer is pretty poor this year though I notice? quick service only and if you want any DECENT dining plan, you have to upgrade to it! A far cry from the old days when we'd get free proper dining plan with gratuities included and so on.

They're gradually eroding ALL the discounts that much is certain :( with scarce regard for those of us who've been faithful to them in the dark days.

All I can say is, I spend less and less time, and hence money, inside Disney these days. The dining is what's mainly killed it for me. As two adults, we never really did the meeting mickey stuff, for us it was about the countries at EPCOT, the shows, the fireworks and of course, a lovely meal each evening. Since the dining plan has reduced the quality of the meal service and the prices have gone up, they've lost us and we now just dip in for half a day for fireworks when we want.

This year we're going to have to seriously consider whether it's even worth renewing our APs.

I guess Disney don't care as long as the parks and hotels are full but with just a little bit of attention to the loyal locals and loyal APs, they'd keep that good faith which they needed post-2001 and who knows, they may need again one day!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The free dining plan was pure marketing genius. It enabled us to try lots of Disney restaurants that we had never tried before and now seem to want to always want to go to. My dilemma now is to try and remember how we used to do Disney before free dining. Of course my fabulous Connections vouchers are no more and prices are ridiculous even with the TIW discount.

Sigh to be honest, I'm seriously considering not going in August or Dec. I'm thinking of giving Disney a break.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have never used the Free Dining and never will. It isn't worth paying more for the hotel for just the two of us. I'd be happy to see it go, especially if it meant returning the signature restaurants to their former glory.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Free dining may go away but doubtful DDP will.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 300576
    We have never used the Free Dining and never will. It isn't worth paying more for the hotel for just the two of us. I'd be happy to see it go, especially if it meant returning the signature restaurants to their former glory.
    I'm with you on this. It never made sense for us to forgo the hotel discounts just to get free dining! Perhaps it worked better for other people but I never really saw how

Sadly though, the dining plan itself will still remain and it's that which has ruined the restaurants :( not just the free component

Post Thanks / Like
    I do hope it stays at least until November, it would be a nice bonus for us to get free dining.

Sorry..we enjoy the dining plan and have made great use of it on our past few trips.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly there's not need to say sorry I'm glad it works for you, I should imagine it works out very well for families.

I would think there will be something until the summer as this is when the UK free dining ends, but there doesn't seem to be many pin emails around offering free dining. All I am getting now is 30% off selected Disney Resorts, yet before I was offered the discount and free dining.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 300594
    Shelly there's not need to say sorry I'm glad it works for you
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!! it must work out one way or another for a heck of a lot of people or no one would be using it

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHITHOUT the free dinning maybe i wont eat as much and return from holiday not quite as heavy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast