Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What Book are you Reading at the moment

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 300725
    Ah you just saved me from watching the film lol. I wondered how he filled that role of Jack as he's not exactly 6'5" and built like a brick outhouse is he? Did he stand on a box or summat lol.
    that's entirely the problem! All the book fans were up in arms and Lee Child defended it by saying look, with some random actor we'd have the book fans going sure, but with Tom Cruise we have all the book fans AND all the tom cruise fans so we'll get way more people into the film and then into the books.

I mean, he has a point :/ but I still wish they'd found someone more appropriate for the role. There's a scene in one shot, as there is in many of his books, where Reacher is surrounded by guys and he uses his military training to take them down. In the books, it's often said that he just looks like a wall of muscle towering over the bad guys. In the scene in the film with Tom cruise, he looked more like a little kid surrounded by much taller bullies.

He DID do a good job. He always does but acting can only take it so far
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    lol... I really won't bother with the film.

Post Thanks / Like
    Movies almost never compare to the books. Though there are a couple of exceptions IMO. The movie for The Color Purple and the Incredibly Loud whatever were much better than the books.

Has anyone read Preston and Child's books? I love them! Though there are a couple in the series that have scared me silly. Still very well written and I love the characters.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 300776

Has anyone read Preston and Child's books? I love them! Though there are a couple in the series that have scared me silly. Still very well written and I love the characters.
    Oh, yeah! Aren't they scary? At least with books I can use my own imagination when I get to the icky parts!
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol or skim over!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the first 2 Kingdom Keepers books, but I've only read the 1st one so far. Pretty good.

I just started Les Miserables, which is the most ambitious undertaking I've ever attempted, and I consider myself to be a pretty heavy reader. 100 or so pages in and I'm enjoying it pretty well so far!

My favorite books are young adult coming of age novels and young adult fantasy series (Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Fablehaven, etc), but I also enjoy bigoraphies/memoirs, true crime, various novels, and historical books.

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Faythstar, post: 301529

I just started Les Miserables, which is the most ambitious undertaking I've ever attempted, and I consider myself to be a pretty heavy reader. 100 or so pages in and I'm enjoying it pretty well so far!
    Thanks Faythstar, wow you are reading Les Mis, I'm impressed I've never been able to read that book Have you seen the movie?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    The title of the book that I referred to in my previous post it, The Red Tent.

Les Miserables? I've read that. A truly great work. Should be part of the canon! (In some realms, it is).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I did see the movie! Twice. I know there's kind of two minds about it, but I thought it was wonderfully done.

See, I'm a theater-girl. Graduated with a theater-major, loved showtunes my whole life, and had grown up hearing about Les Mis but never got the chance to catch the show anywhere. And there weren't really recordings of the play anywhere to watch, just the concerts that they did with the music. And I didn't want to watch that without fully understanding the intricacies of the story! So when they were bringing out the movie I was ecstatic. Now, I can proudly say I GET IT. I understand the hype. It's amazing.

Then my literary side got ambitious and I decided to read it. I think it will be really fulfilling. But I am very daunted! I feel like I'll need a support group or something, lol.

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Question about Les Mis. I've not read the book or watched a performance or viewed the movie. The synopsis looks absolutely depressing. Everyone says its wonderful. But no one has been able to explain why it's so wonderful. Can any of you?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234