Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 280

Thread: Do you like obama or mccain

  1. #91
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    16,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think anyone feels that way about the Bush family!

    Now the Kennedy's seem to have this air of mysticism about them. On the surface, they are the perfect American family. They were good looking, rich, they just seemed to have it all. Dig deeper and they had all sorts of issues. Papa Joe used to bring his mistress home to the family dinner table :mad:












    I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

  2. #92
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 38087
    I don't think anyone feels that way about the Bush family!
    ...but two of them have been elected :/ it seems improbable based on the latter guy's interpersonal skills and intellect, so again without offending any of his supporters I hope :(, I have to believe that the wheels were greased by his father having held the office
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  3. #93
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    16,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I am sure the wheels were greased by daddy and his supporters. But, I was just saying that I don't think anyone feels the way about the Bush family as they do the Kennedy's. You certainly haven't offended me, I didn't vote for either Bush. Everything Jr has done seems to be a vendetta for what daddy couldn't accomplish.












    I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

  4. #94
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 38093
    Oh I am sure the wheels were greased by daddy and his supporters. But, I was just saying that I don't think anyone feels the way about the Bush family as they do the Kennedy's. You certainly haven't offended me, I didn't vote for either Bush. Everything Jr has done seems to be a vendetta for what daddy couldn't accomplish.
    ok so I'm confusing things I guess? confusing a family with wealth and powerful supporters being able to almost buy the office v the kennedy family who has great public support and a feeling that they're somehow "special" and destined for greatness?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  5. #95
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    16,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would think so. The Kennedy clan seems to have this mystique about them. They seem to have it all and then are touched by all these tragedies. Even my mom talks about when JFK was assasinated and how it affected her (she was in the 9th grade).

    The Bush clan is just rich. People just don't have the same feelings for them. They aren't a dynasty, if you know what I mean.












    I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

  6. #96
    Moderator Beccaberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    13,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 38103
    I would think so. The Kennedy clan seems to have this mystique about them. They seem to have it all and then are touched by all these tragedies. Even my mom talks about when JFK was assasinated and how it affected her (she was in the 9th grade).

    The Bush clan is just rich. People just don't have the same feelings for them. They aren't a dynasty, if you know what I mean.

    Unless, of course, you're a Republican from Texas

    In my opinion, I think some people are just lazy. They don't want to actually invest the time or energy into finding out what the candidates actually stand for, so they just latch on to whatever is convenient. Name recognition will get you far in the U.S. People see the name and recognize it and think, "Oh. Well then. They must know the business." It's not true, and it can certainly backfire. I had a professor who *always* argued that there really were some people who just *shouldn't* vote...and as I get older...I tend to agree with him....




  7. #97
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    16,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now we all know what an advocate I am for voting, but that being said, I certainly agree with you. I used to work at the polls. One year we had about 10 referrendums added to the list. OMG, people were in the booths FOREVER. I don't think they had even heard about these bills before. How scary is that?












    I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

  8. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 38090
    ...but two of them have been elected :/ it seems improbable based on the latter guy's interpersonal skills and intellect, so again without offending any of his supporters I hope :(, I have to believe that the wheels were greased by his father having held the office
    One of the Bush's were elected.... Ask Tink how the current Bush got in office. I guess it helps when your brother is the gov. of the state whose votes were the ones to make all the difference. Sorry if I sound bitter, but I really don't think we'd be in half the trouble we are now if that joke of an election didn't end the way it did.. Just my opinion...
    Krista


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...



  9. #99
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvthemouse, post: 38109
    One of the Bush's were elected.... Ask Tink how the current Bush got in office. I guess it helps when your brother is the gov. of the state whose votes were the ones to make all the difference. Sorry if I sound bitter, but I really don't think we'd be in half the trouble we are now if that joke of an election didn't end the way it did.. Just my opinion...
    yes well I'm very familiar with the voting "irregularities" in that election :(
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  10. #100
    Moderator Beccaberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milford, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    13,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is....it's not the first time...it was just the time that mattered. There have been voting irregularities for a very long time....




Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •