Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like obama or mccain

Post Thanks / Like
    it's so hard to understand things when you're an adult much less a child. It's even harder when trusted adults can't give you a concrete reason.

I was always taught that God had given us free will and that was why He didn't stop bad things from happening. I don't know if that is truly the answer but it works for me.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    No judgement here; only understanding...such a very tender age to be forced to face such a harsh lesson, to try and find some way to "justify, rectify, resolve"

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Johnie. I was told that too. I call it the convenient excuse.

No matter, we'll not descend from politics to religion! We're doing quite nicely discussing political issues as a group, and I'd hate to muck it up now!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 38175
    You could be a year older, mom had to repeat the 6th grade. She was born in 1948.
    Same year.

I don't think we will ever see a family like the Kennedys again. I truly believe that if JFK had been able to serve his entire term that Vietnam would have been over long before it was. I also believe that Bobby would have been elected and perhaps even Ted, because I don't think he would have gone off of the deep end like he did. The tragedy that has hit this family is more than any family should endure.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    So, now we've got Biden as Obama's VP, who do you think will be McCains?

I kinda hope he picks Meg Whitman. Because I think that Hillary will still have a huge influence over the election, and if Obama wins he will probably put her in charge of healthcare. But she has to really want Obama to win now, and at the moment I think she's hoping for a 4-year McCain stint, so she can run again in 2012. But if McCain picks a woman, her position as the most iconic / successful woman in politics would be under fire, and I don't think she'd let that go without a HUGE fight. And if the Democrats are to get in, they need Hillary as fired up as possible, to make sure that those that were going to vote for her WILL vote for Obama, not just sit at home.

Hillary could even wait another 8 years, let Obama serve TWO full terms, and still run for president in 2016 - she'd be younger then than McCain is now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hillary has had a crack at healthcare before and blew it.

Post Thanks / Like
    She only really failed with the health care reform that placed an emphasis on employers, because they don't want to know. The childrens plan she got pushed through later on was successful.

If they gave her a full four years to play with health care, it'd keep her in the media enough to satisfy her ego, and she would probably get alot more done than she did 10-15 years ago.

I would just imagine that as she's not the VP, Obama must have already privately offered her something very important to get her backing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't say Hillary blew it with the healthcare. Like Mark said, she did get the children's program through. It's been a good success too. She also did this when HMO's were HUGE. They aren't so domineering at the moment so she has a better shot in the future. As much as I pay for my client's prescriptions, dental care, etc there really needs to be something for people who don't have employer sponsored health insurance and don't qualify for Medicaid.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the first chance I've had to sit down and actually read through this whole thread and it is very interesting

I can't even begin to tell you how many memories I have from the time when JFK was shot :sigh; Those of us old enough to have sat and watched it all on the TV will honestly never be able forget those images, something like that just stays with you forever and you can bring them (the images) back with such clarity that it's almost surreal. AND no there has never been another family like the Kennedys. When they call that period of our history *Camelot* that is what it really was and we'll never see that again.

As for how I feel about this election, well I have to agree with Bev here. I don't know why, but I just can't get comfortable with Obama. Although adding Biden to the ticket does help some as he at least has experience. Maybe it's the fact that Obama is a Junior senator or that he was pushed too far too fast that is making me hesitate about him. Having said that, I just can't see myself voting for McCain either and just continuing along the same road we're on now :sigh;

I really want to watch the debates when they happen and hear what each one has to say and HOW they say it.

As for Hillary, well she'll probably end up with some high ranking cabinet position if Obama wins. I do have to say that she's been a class act so far during the convention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Loved Hillary's speech last night! Can't wait to see Biden later tonight..
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast