Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like obama or mccain

Post Thanks / Like
    That sort of thing doesn't faze me in the least. I don't care a whit about anyone's sexual proclivities or procreation.

I do care about grandstanding ploys by a major party in an attempt to skew an election instead of having a solid platform to present.

History being made should not be the prime motive of the republican party.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Tink. But I do find it interesting that the strong religious conservatives will be asked to endorse a vice presidential candidate whose child, not even legal yet, is going to have a baby out of wedlock....something that they don't exactly support. Atleast she's keeping the baby...

Also, CNN just had a piece about whether she could effectively hold that position with a infant with Downs, a pregnant teenager, and all the other challenges that come with being a Mom...
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    She has a child with Down Syndrome? I didn't know that. Seems that she needs her priorities ordered, but that's just me. Maybe she has good help.

At any rate, you make some great points, Luv. This could end up being interesting in the long run.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I dont like her much her views are pretty much the direct opposite of mine on some fairly major issues.

*BUT* you know I'd love a mom to hold that position and heck the TOP job too. I understand the pressures and the hardships, but wouldnt it be wonderful for society to enable parents, men or women, to be able to do that job whilst being a great parent as well? Perhaps then we'd have people in the top spots able to understand the problems of folks who are working several jobs to earn enough money to pay for sitters just so they can do the several jobs :( and so on.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be an awesome thing Keith. But, I don't see that happening. There are going to be people now who say she wasn't home enough taking care of her children and her daughter got knocked up. I don't agree with that but that's the way people think.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 42516
    *BUT* you know I'd love a mom to hold that position and heck the TOP job too. I understand the pressures and the hardships, but wouldnt it be wonderful for society to enable parents, men or women, to be able to do that job whilst being a great parent as well? Perhaps then we'd have people in the top spots able to understand the problems of folks who are working several jobs to earn enough money to pay for sitters just so they can do the several jobs :( and so on.
    Ummm..yeah..can you say "Nanny"? They'd never get it, simply because they'd have hired help to care for the children.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 42534
    That would be an awesome thing Keith. But, I don't see that happening. There are going to be people now who say she wasn't home enough taking care of her children and her daughter got knocked up. I don't agree with that but that's the way people think.
    True....so very true...
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not pro-McCain, but I wish they would just drop all this bashing nonsense. Leave the families out of politics.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats all politics is about these days John. Find stuff to exploit, and go!!

The biggest problem here is that Palin is a big preacher of abstinence as the best method of contraception - then her daughter gets pregnant either at 16 (she's already 4 or 5 months pregnant), or JUST 17.

So this really highlights the "do as we say, not as we do" mentality of some politicians.

However, if they keep it to strictly political matters... do you want a VP that doesn't even want her own state to be a part of America anymore? She's a big pusher of the Alaskan independence vote.

She wants to outlaw abortion, full stop...

I'm still looking for positive aspects of her. But the more I look her up, the more negative stuff I find...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkE, post: 42655
    Thats all politics is about these days John. Find stuff to exploit, and go!!

The biggest problem here is that Palin is a big preacher of abstinence as the best method of contraception - then her daughter gets pregnant either at 16 (she's already 4 or 5 months pregnant), or JUST 17.

So this really highlights the "do as we say, not as we do" mentality of some politicians.

However, if they keep it to strictly political matters... do you want a VP that doesn't even want her own state to be a part of America anymore? She's a big pusher of the Alaskan independence vote.

She wants to outlaw abortion, full stop...

I'm still looking for positive aspects of her. But the more I look her up, the more negative stuff I find...

Not everyone sees some of these things as negative :p015: I'm just saying..

Post Thanks / Like
    True, Shellyamc. There is a huge diversity in this country and many folks believe the same way as she with regard to some of the issues.

I'm not comfortable with holding a parent responsible for a teen's pregnancy. That is pretty harsh on the parent. I've yet to meet a teen who was going to abstain from something (anything really) s/he didn't want to. Pregnancy takes two, also. Feels like we're bumping very close to blaming the teen mother in this case and not taking into account that there was another party.

Again, nothing at all to do with presidency. I don't want her for a VP because I don't want her as a president. Gender is not enough to get the vote here.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast