Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Do you like obama or mccain

Post Thanks / Like
    heya all and first a big

Topic aside, what in this thread has upset someone? (if you dont want to tell me on here, pm me!)

Here's my view for what that's worth ;) On a forum with sensible adults, those that want to ought to be able to debate issues, whatever they may be, AS LONG AS it's not made personal.

If you feel that you've been personally attacked and the mods have missed it, it can happen!, then you can always pm any one of us, point us to the post, explain why you feel it's upsetting and ask us to take a look

To my knowledge, none of us have had even a single complaint about the thread so it's really hard to know that someone's upset

I guess we could ask that people put something in the title of posts that are about politics? make a little post graphic or something that says "Political" so that people who don't want to get sucked into that kind of thread know to avoid it?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We all get sucked in. Its human nature. Because we feel like we need to be a part of the crowd. We read things that we would interept as things that make us feel dumb because someone is debating. Peoples feelings get hurt. Plain and simple. All of us feel that hurting our friends feelings is off limits. Even if, we as a friend, tell said friend to stay out of a thread that upsets us.

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 53025
    We all get sucked in. Its human nature. Because we feel like we need to be a part of the crowd. We read things that we would interept as things that make us feel dumb because someone is debating. Peoples feelings get hurt. Plain and simple. All of us feel that hurting our friends feelings is off limits. Even if, we as a friend, tell said friend to stay out of a thread that upsets us.
    Sure which is why you can feel free to PM us and tell us where the personal or offensive comment is so that we can act on that... but no one's pointed us to it you see :/

The offer stands, PM me pointing me at the text that's a personal attack, offensive etc. and I'll go look and make a call! I wouldnt like anyone to be upset if we can help it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I will say how I feel since Obama has won the Democratic nomination ;
    Republican, Democrat or Independent ~ If our choice is :
    Obama/Biden or McCain/Palin our country is in some serious trouble .
    Bring Ross Perot back
    And I have a completely off the wall stupid question
    if all the supporters of Clinton wrote her in and she had the most votes ... could she win ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 53029
    I will say how I feel since Obama has won the Democratic nomination ;
    Republican, Democrat or Independent ~ If our choice is :
    Obama/Biden or McCain/Palin our country is in some serious trouble .
    Well I'm irrelevent since I'm not a US voter but I rather do feel the same way :/

Bring Ross Perot back
    Dont know enough about him to know if that would be a good thing or not ;)

And I have a completely off the wall stupid question
    if all the supporters of Clinton wrote her in and she had the most votes ... could she win ?
    No. They would be classed as spoiling their ballot and it would not be counted

Post Thanks / Like
    We are in trouble already . No bailout , we are in a serious economic crisis . But if those are our choices , I'm really scared . Scared for my mother thats 83 with stocks, bonds, IRA's that are helping her survive along with her SS
    Thank You Keith for your answer . Not me, but others that were supporters of Clinton and still on the fence are saying they are writing in Clinton . :rolleyes008:
    I don't think I'm voting . It's sad,but true .

Post Thanks / Like
    Seeing as how I'm the most pro-Obama guy on here, I dare say something I've said has offended you. I'm not gonna go back and edit my posts unless I'm told to, because that would stop the conversation from making sense.

As I said in my last post, I'm not attacking anyone for being republican. I only want to challenge his campaign party. The things they say, the way they act. I'd like you to point stuff out to me that I've probably missed. Things you think I should know about. I am after all on the wrong side of the pond here, so our media coverage is limited to two minutes in an hour long news program, and the fact that I download letterman everyday (who tore McCain a new one for puling out of his show to go on the news instead - which even I didn't agree with).

Sarah/PsychoAlice, and all the others. I don't know you guys very well. If I'm pushing your buttons by questioning things the republicans are doing I'm sorry. I don't want anyone to feel like Im picking on them. Im sure not trying to. But the topic at hand is HUGELY important, and I think that it should be discussed. I left this thread alone for over a week in the hope that others would carry on the discussion, but it just died. I don't want that. So please, discuss, and I'll just observe. You never know, I'll probably even learn something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 53032
    We are in trouble already . No bailout , we are in a serious economic crisis .
    It's very scary I agree :( I do think there'll be some bailout package agreed on, what it'll look like I dont know but I think it'll happen

Not me, but others that were supporters of Clinton and still on the fence are saying they are writing in Clinton . :rolleyes008:
    Well I guess the very best they could hope for would be an unprecedently high number of "spoiled votes" in that election but I dont think there would be any way to say "ah yes they were all would be votes for clinton" and it certainly wouldnt get her elected I'm afraid

I don't think I'm voting . It's sad,but true .
    I understand that sentiment I really do. I think in the same circumstance I would feel duty bound to vote for SOMEONE on the ballot who best reflected my views but I agree that it's terribly unsatisfying to do that.

I've always favoured voting being compulsory but there being a box on the ballot "no confidence in any of the choices" and if more than a certain % ticked that, the parties would be forced to go back and give us new choices. Of course political experts have explained many times why that would leave the country in a constitutional crisis but then, if an overwhelming majority of the country doesnt want any of the people on the ballot, perhaps it's already a crisis?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkE, post: 53034
    Sarah/PsychoAlice, and all the others. I don't know you guys very well. If I'm pushing your buttons by questioning things the republicans are doing I'm sorry. I don't want anyone to feel like Im picking on them. Im sure not trying to. But the topic at hand is HUGELY important, and I think that it should be discussed. I left this thread alone for over a week in the hope that others would carry on the discussion, but it just died. I don't want that. So please, discuss, and I'll just observe. You never know, I'll probably even learn something.
    Thanks for saying that Mark

It's easy for people to take things to heart on forums whereas in real life it'd be solved in about 10 seconds face to face. That's why we all have to take what we want to say, count to ten and re-read it... then repeat a few times, tone it down a bit and repeat a few more times.

From time to time, I guess all of us have probably said something that's upset someone else. Sometimes we find out and get the chance to work it out, other time we dont but I'd really like to think we could all appreciate and accept each others views even if we really strongly disagree with them.

I agree these things are important to all our lives and it would be a shame if we couldn't debate them. At the same time of course, we're not a say anything, shouty political argument forum so we all have to keep that in mind too.

I've also got to say that even the mildest form of political debate isn't for everyone and I do subscribe to the notion that if political discussion isnt your thing, you should be able to tell from the thread title and not read it. I don't read threads on stuff I'm not interested in and I kinda assume that others will act the same way

A couple of quotes that occur to me, the most important of which "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Freedom of speech is desperately important and though sometimes what we hear may not what we want to hear, it's only by allowing people to say it that we can ensure our own freedom to say what we believe.

Post Thanks / Like
    As I agree that there are many thing that need to be addressed in this country we should "state the facts ma'am" (ala blues brothers)

But there seems to be a lot of finger pointing, picking on other candidates and not discussing or debting of said facts.

Someone got upset, someone close to me..yes this person has been given the advise to just stay out and not let it upset said person.

Believe me I have had lots of text and emails about Obama but I have not said them here.

Not being mean or "hatin" on anyone I just hope we stick to the facts....please..

And we talk about this and I cant have a dungeon?!?!?

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast