Thread: Do you like obama or mccain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 53066
    I was asking if it could be one.....
    ahhhhhh I didnt see it the first time around :D yeah I can add that sure
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll second what Keith is saying. If anything on the boards is a personal attack, or offensive to someone please let one of us know (on the mod team) immediately. Point us to the exact thread and post, please.

Being able to discuss things is part of friendship. Not liking what some folks say and believe is part of life, eh? Part of the world. I can dislike your opinion but honor you as a person.

I've read pro and anti comments here for both McCain and Obama so I don't really think there is a lopsided discussion going on. MarkE cares passionately about this country, that is clear. I like reading his comments, although I don't always agree with them.

PsychoAlice cares passionately about this country, her friends, and this board. I cannot tell you how much pleasure I've had through the years in reading her comments. Do I always agree with her? Hell no! But I will always honor and respect her.

We are adults here. If someone is uncomfortable discussing politics, religion or dungeons then there is the clear option to not participate in the ongoing discussion. I can't agree with the implication that lack of self control draws people to a thread that upsets them. If something bothers me, I don't read it, watch it, eat it, spend time with it, so on and so forth.

I think we've been hugely responsible adults on this thread and wish to thank all participants, both those who have posted and those who have only read.

Now, about that dungeon...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree with Tink here. You can be passionate about things but not get to the point where it starts to sound like blah blah blah (you all remember those lectures from your parents) so I left this thread and moved on to the fun area of this forum.
    I hate talking politics, and I hate it when folks don't talk but just complain about it. You can't solve anything by complaining except get folks all worked up on trying to figure out how to stop the complaining.
    My SIL is a libertarian (don't you know THAT went over in this household) and he was always sending me stuff to my email about anarchy and wierd stuff. I told him, that if he didn't like the way the country was being run, then he should DO something...don't just sit there and complain to me....and don't ever send me that stuff again cos then I'll start sending you stuff about MY candidate of choice. Yeah..it stopped him.

dungeon....what dungeon? Can I play too?
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly BevW. Exactly.

Play in a dungeon? I'm not going down there for nuttin!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    There is nothing wrong with Anarchy....

And I think that everyone thinks that the dungeon would be something different that what I had hopes for....but we will never know...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 53029
    And I have a completely off the wall stupid question
    if all the supporters of Clinton wrote her in and she had the most votes ... could she win ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 53030
    ;)

No. They would be classed as spoiling their ballot and it would not be counted
    Absolutely they could win. Anyone can write in a candidate on a ballot and as long as they got the most votes they could win. The operative word here is could. Remember the Electoral College controls the presidency, NOT the popular vote.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 53478
    Absolutely they could win. Anyone can write in a candidate on a ballot and as long as they got the most votes they could win. The operative word here is could. Remember the Electoral College controls the presidency, NOT the popular vote.
    Thanks John and my apologies, I was going off our system not yours! It seems you guys have the concept of a "write in" candidate. Here's the wiki page:-
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Write-in

It's not quite true to say that anyone could write a name and if they got most votes they'd win though.... not all states have a write in policy and in other states they do have one but only if certain rules are adhered to such as the candidate having registered in the first place

The rules by state are here:
    http://www.writehillaryin.com/Write_..._by_State.html

Even so, given that new info, I'm changing my mind! If you don't like the other two, I'd say write in her name!

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone watching the debate at the moment? Seems to me like mccain is doing better, what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UKTim, post: 53486
    anyone watching the debate at the moment? Seems to me like mccain is doing better, what do you think?
    I felt mccain did MUCH better than obama... it looked to me like mccain was constantly on the offensive, taking the initiative and obama was always on the back foot trying to defend. However the quick polls apparently indicated most people disagree with me but hmmm yeah I didn't feel it was a great obama performance by any means.

The VP one may be more interesting next week

Post Thanks / Like
    I watched most of it live as I was playing taxi to my sister...

I think McCain carried himself a bit better, but my main gripe was that Obama used the phrase "I agree with Senator McCain" FAR FAR FAR too much...

I think the reason alot of the polls are showing Obama increasing is due to the fact that he held his own, and is starting to show that he is ready for the presidency. Theres no doubt that McCain is ready for it - I just dont agree with what he'd do when he got there. A big concern has been that Obama isnt ready, and when he holds his own in a debate that McCain should wipe the floor with him in, it looks bad on McCain.

I guess its like Man United only beating Acrington Stanley 1-0. They're not expected to win, they're expected to kill it. McCain won Friday, but not by enough.

One thing McCain is losing is the "SNL war"... and I have no idea how he can turn that round in just a month.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728