Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like obama or mccain

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Wendy...I know you know I know that you know that I know that you know.
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BevW, post: 34878
    No...it's just that in my family, when I have "feelings" they know something's up. It's just a "feeling". I don't know the man, have never met him. I don't really read much about him. I don't have anything against him...like I said....it's just a "Feeling".
    I have the same kind of thing with McCain...
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    I think everyone (or most people anyway) have a "gut feeling" about many things.

I can't tell you how many times I've "felt" something, ignored it, and regretted it heartily later on. :sigh;

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quite true, Tink...and that's why we each have a vote...to act on that "gut feeling." To give voice to those issues that we feel are of utmost importance...

So whatever those issues are, make sure your voice is heard...VOTE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't agree more. Vote and don't waste the vote on trying to pick the winner. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "I'd love to vote for so and so, but I know s/he won't win and I don't want to waste my vote."

That makes me WILD!!! EEEEUUUUUUGHGHGHGHGH!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG...I would have to that person...vote your conscience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wait Tink...You're in Fla.! Are your actual votes going to count this time?:shocked025:
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Who knows!

Obama is here today, speaking to the VFW conference. Not a great day for him to be visiting. Hope it goes well for him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 35491
    Who knows!

Obama is here today, speaking to the VFW conference. Not a great day for him to be visiting. Hope it goes well for him.
    I caught a bit of his speech today on NPR...one thing he said really stood out to me...

"One of the things that we *have* to change in this country is the idea that people can't disagree without challenging each other's character or their patriotism."

Well said. Huzzah!

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that the TRUTH!!! Why is it when someone holds a different opinion on a topic they become the object of attack instead of the opinion. Very uncivilized and very unprofessional. :(

I can be hugely patriotic but find no redeeming value what so ever in having invaded Iraq. I don't want to hear ONE word about rescuing the Iraqis from a dictator. Let's take a look at Darfur shall we? No intervention there. How about Haiti and the mess WE created there and have walked away and left the country to criminals. How about the many places in Africa where dictators reign and are killing off their people... oh, DO NOT get me started, eh?

So yes, Obama does make all the sense in the world with that statement.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast