Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like obama or mccain

Post Thanks / Like
    Well some guy from Texas, Chet Edwards, is now thrown into the mix. Obama says he had picked but hasn't spilled the beans yet.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Texas. Nope. That'll do it for me. Sorry Becca, nothing to do with the great people of Texas, everything to do with Bush is from Texas. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    No offense taken Tink, and if it's all the same with everyone here, I can just pretend I'm not from Texas (or can I at least be the exception to the rule?)

I don't see him picking Hillary, I just don't. What about Bayh from, is it, Indiana?

Post Thanks / Like
    He's chosen Biden.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 37278
    He's chosen Biden.
    Well he's an interesting choice from my point of view.

He's strong on privacy, an issue that in this age of the Internet is of extreme concern to me (and ought to be to everyone!) but I consider him a follower rather more than a leader. He's someone who, in my opinion, tends to grab hold of the popular side of an issue and hangs on for dear life.

Ill need to read more about him
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...I'm not sure Biden rings true with Obama's description of someone who would "push back" and not be a "yes man" or someone who would offer "true debate and discussion in the White House"....but....he's not Chet.

And he probably knows how many houses he owns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 37322
    Hmmm...I'm not sure Biden rings true with Obama's description of someone who would "push back" and not be a "yes man" or someone who would offer "true debate and discussion in the White House"....but....he's not Chet.
    *EXACTLY* my thoughts!

I'm just not getting what substance Biden REALLY adds other than age :/

And he probably knows how many houses he owns.
    :rofl: true. Seriously that lack of answer from mccain is very troubling. Could he REALLY not know? Did he know but feel that it was better not to say? If the latter, did he really think it wouldn't be found and disclosed almost immediately and then used against him? SOOOOO much better to just say "I've been very fortunate indeed and I have 7 properties"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 37323

I'm just not getting what substance Biden REALLY adds other than age :/
    Foreign Policy, Foreign Policy, Foreign Policy

Also, I think Democrats believe he may be able to scoop up a good number of those Republicans who are not convinced McCain is their man. He lends a bit of maturity to the ticket that some liberal Repubs may embrace. They are already seizing on a quote he made a while back regarding McCain saying, "Let's just say if I ran for president and lost to McCain, I'd be losing to a good man." They act as if this quote is paramount to him endorsing him for president...I disagree. I think most people can agree that McCain is a "good man" (inasmuch as whatever you take that to *mean*) but it doesn't automatically follow that he will be a good president. My father is a GREAT man, but I will tell you this, I would NOT vote for him for president.

:rofl: true. Seriously that lack of answer from mccain is very troubling. Could he REALLY not know? Did he know but feel that it was better not to say? If the latter, did he really think it wouldn't be found and disclosed almost immediately and then used against him? SOOOOO much better to just say "I've been very fortunate indeed and I have 7 properties"
    Of course he knew. He didn't want to be viewed as an elitist, but in the process, he now not only looks like an elitist but he looks like a forgetful elitist. He was hoping to spin his answer, but wasn't quick enough on his feet...and instead I think he came away looking a bit dishonest and foolish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 37329
    They are already seizing on a quote he made a while back regarding McCain saying, "Let's just say if I ran for president and lost to McCain, I'd be losing to a good man." They act as if this quote is paramount to him endorsing him for president...I disagree. I think most people can agree that McCain is a "good man" (inasmuch as whatever you take that to *mean*) but it doesn't automatically follow that he will be a good president. My father is a GREAT man, but I will tell you this, I would NOT vote for him for president.
    Agreed, the quote shouldnt be a problem.

I'm looking at his voting record though and I'm not convinced the man has any real heartfelt, support at any cost, moral stances. It looks like a total centre of the partyline voting record :/

Of course he knew. He didn't want to be viewed as an elitist, but in the process, he now not only looks like an elitist but he looks like a forgetful elitist. He was hoping to spin his answer, but wasn't quick enough on his feet...and instead I think he came away looking a bit dishonest and foolish.
    See I think that's a HUGE problem. If he's not quick enough on his feet to realise that answering honestly would be the lesser of two evils, is this someone we can trust to be president? What's he going to say in the situation room when asked if he wants to respond to a perceived threat with a few nukes, erm well erm erm I'll ask my staff?

(edited to correct stupid mistake :p )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 37333
    Agreed, the quote shouldnt be a problem.

I'm looking at his voting record though and I'm not convinced the man has any real heartfelt, support at any cost, moral stances. It looks like a total centre of the partyline voting record :/
    But really, c'mon, did you expect anything different? For all the rhetoric, at the end of the day, you have to have the votes to have the power...and this, in Obama's opinion, is the way to do it. He looked at all the arguments against him (i.e. age, limited foreign policy experience) and he picked the person who he thought could help him overcome them. Whether or not he's chosen correctly remains to be seen. But I will say this...I have a sort of love affair with Biden because he makes for really good sound bites...everything he says isn't trite and rehearsed...he's got a certain rawness at times that keeps him out of the mainstream...and I like that...don't always agree with it...but I like it.

See I think that's a HUGE problem. If he's not quick enough on his feet to realise that answering honestly would be the lesser of two evils, is this someone we can trust to be president? What's he going to say in the situation room when asked if he wants to respond to a perceived threat with a few nukes, erm well erm erm I'll ask my staff?
    Agreed. It was a foolish mistake and one so easily avoided, as you said, by simply stating the truth.

(edited to correct stupid mistake :p )
    I won't hold it against you...much.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast