Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like obama or mccain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvthemouse, post: 37434
    He won't be a yes man. He has his own opinions, and is not afraid to speak them. Just my opinion....
    Good to hear from someone who has experience of his politics Krista! thanks!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You are certainly welcome! And besides, you don't get re-elected so many times in this state without doing a good job. Just ask the late Bill Roth...

Did you know that Joe Biden's son is now our state attorney Gen.?
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 37390
    I'm still hung up on having been a Hillary supporter, and am having more trouble getting past that than I anticipated. When this all started I actually felt at one point that either one of them would be equally a good choice. Then I moved away from that position...

I'll have to read and learn more about the running mate. For now, I'll just say that for me, his choice has kept Barack alive in my voting book.
    I completely agree. I felt the same way early on. Now I don't know how I feel about Obama. I have said many, many times that I feel there will be an assasination attempt if he is elected so the VP choice is extremely important.

Shoot, there are many who feel that Cheney is truly the President and Bush is just the puppet.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Biden's a good choice. He has experience on his side and tons of foreign policy input to make. He balances Obama nicely.

An Obama - Clinton partnership would seriously be an unbalanced ticket. Obama - Biden looks good to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    After hearing a bit about it on the news, I popped over to the library and picked up his autobio Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics. Sounds like he has a really inspirational human interest story...should be an interesting read...

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Biden is a good choice for VP. However, I was really hoping that he would go with either Caroline Kennedy or Kathleen Sibelius.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Caroline has absolutely no political service experience what so ever.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 37905
    I think Biden is a good choice for VP. However, I was really hoping that he would go with either Caroline Kennedy or Kathleen Sibelius.
    Kathleen Sibelius is not a very well known name...And I think he needed one. Biden has a track record, like the one he has, or not, he has one. Plus the foreign relations experience...
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Agreed. Obama need a heavy hitting experienced person. Biden is looking pretty promising. I didn't know much about him before this and I've been reading about him. He's got a voting record that I can be very happy with.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I ask this not in a sarcastic or snippy way... but can someone explain what it is with the US folks and presidential "families" like the kennedys and bush etc.

What is it that suggests to you that because one member of the family was a good president that others down the line, seemingly forever, will also be good?

I can't remember what I was debating with someone once but whatever I said got a gasp and someone listening said "but he's a Kennedy!" as if that just countered everything
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast