Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you do When Waiting in Line for a Ride or Attraction

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow 75 minutes wait See I've never had to wait that long for a ride at DW. The only ride I waited in line for for three hours then left it was the Harry Potter park at Universal... I gave up when 3 hours in we were only half way around the line to get in So yep I can see your point. After three hours I'd seen every leaf on every tree we'd passed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm amazed that any phone batteries are lasting that long!

Post Thanks / Like
    I live on my phone at work and in my everyday life and often my phone battery dies so recently I bought a portable Duracell charger that I plug into my phone when it gets low and it gives me a couple hours extra on my phone. Before I had the IPhone I had the Droid incredible and I would keep an extra battery or two in my pocket. Last February I paid to have my phone recharged in Universal in one of their stores which I thought was a great idea by US. I have waited on lines for over an hour on both Soarin,Toy Story Mania and Harry Potter (no fast passes available) and the phone came in very handy. I hate waiting on lines and if playing on my phone makes the wait seem quicker then that's what I will do.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you Butterhead1. My problem with my smart phone at WDW is the signal. I have Verizon as a carrier and sometimes it just doesn't get a good signal.

When it does though, I'm using it to amuse myself when standing on line. Now, the other side of that statement is we rarely stand on line anymore. We'll simply not do the attraction, but we have the freedom to come back later.

If it's a special event and we don't have a choice, then out come the phones!

I see many children with their parents phones (at least I presume those iPhones belong to the parents!) waiting. it seems to be a great way to keep kids amused.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The whole phone culture irritates me, I see Mums pushing prams with a tot in tow and they're busy texting, the tot is trying to get Mums attention and it's just not happening then I see endless people driving with a phone stuck to their ear or they are blatantly looking down and texting while driving What happened to talking to your kids?

Post Thanks / Like
    Last trip if the lines were say, under 20 mins we'd just soak it in and chat about our day.
    Over 20 mins the mini ipad comes out and I go online to check out what's happening here or check the wait times for other attractions (which were way out last visit - Jungle Cruise said 30 mins but one minute later when we got there it was 50 mins)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 300913
    The whole phone culture irritates me, I see Mums pushing prams with a tot in tow and they're busy texting, the tot is trying to get Mums attention and it's just not happening then I see endless people driving with a phone stuck to their ear or they are blatantly looking down and texting while driving What happened to talking to your kids?

Well, that's all a bit different then amusing oneself while standing on line, isn't it?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well not really. There is plenty to talk to your children about while standing in line. I think the art of conversing is dying out, I mean seriously dying out. people need to get their faces out of their phones and wake up. One day your child might not be there and then what?

It irritates the heck out of me that people don't have time to even look at their kids nowadays.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand what you are saying Esmerelda. I've been out to dinner with people and they were completely engrossed in their phones. It's rude. I also think its a bit much when I see children with electronics at restaurants. Children need to learn how to behave and act accordingly in public.

That being said, I don't care if people use their phones in line.

Post Thanks / Like
    True, what they do is none my snout I suppose... just a bit grumpy because I nearly got run down by a cyclist who was texting on his phone instead of looking where he was going. Grrrrrr. I realise that some children need a distraction for whatever reason, but some people just use their phones as babysitters. It's that I have a problem with.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast