Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do When Waiting in Line for a Ride or Attraction

Post Thanks / Like
    If there aren't fastpasses available and you have to join the line to wait to go on a ride or attraction, what do you do to occupy the time. I have seen some parents playing games with their children whilst they wait.

Hopefully the new interative waiting areas will help to while away the time.

As for us, well, we just stand there getting bored

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    When we've been before we would just stand getting bored.
    Would love some tips on keeping an 18 month old entertained in the queues though if anyone has any

Post Thanks / Like
    I try to pay close attention to what's around me, and I take lots of photos. We chat, about the ride, where we are having dinner, what we may have, etc. We are seldom bored!
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suebeattie, post: 300637
    When we've been before we would just stand getting bored.
    Would love some tips on keeping an 18 month old entertained in the queues though if anyone has any

Mari will probably be the one to answer that one for you

Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 300638
    I try to pay close attention to what's around me, and I take lots of photos. We chat, about the ride, where we are having dinner, what we may have, etc. We are seldom bored!

Or reading text messages from loopy people getting excited because there are new things open at the Magic Kingdom

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    So true Wendy! Or sending excited texts with pictures to friends not so lucky as I am to be at my favorite place! LOL
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    We talk to others in line, as well as, talk about what's next, later, and tomorrow. What's for dinner? We do not, let me say that again, DO NOT talk about things outside of disney. No reality while at disney.

Post Thanks / Like
    I people watch. Every so often there's a doozy of a child meltdown happens which generally makes my day.

I make trip report notes too.

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't tend to queue any longer than about 30 mins so chat, plan what we're doing next, stuff like that oh and defend our position from queue jumpers

Post Thanks / Like
    We use fast pass most often so have reduced our wait time quite a bit. When we chose to stand on line, I'll watch the people around me and listen to snippets of their conversation. I often write little short stories about them in my head. Yep, I'm weirder than heck.

I've often though that a fun book to write would be Vignettes from Disney Queues.

Not much chatter goes on between us. I have a hard time hearing with a lot of background noise so talking to me in that setting is rather like shouting down a well.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Kind of like Donna, we have a great time and make the most of it. We plan our next move to an attraction, think back and recall our previous trips, people watch, take photos, joke on my brother (easy target - yet he feels the same about me ). I like what Billie said...stay focused on the moment and think only of our Disney visit. Let the world stay outside. The past few trips were after very sad events in our family's history - right after the passing of my parents so we tried to think only positive stuff about them and recall some of the reasons why our family is celebrating them in our visits.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast