Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restaurants that let you down second time around?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 300739
    Donna, was it Boma or Jiko where the foul meat was? Isn't Boma a buffet? I think we ate there and it was. I wouldn't select something that looked off if I had options. Anyhoo, it is rather disturbing how we experienced Disneyphiles are finding the service and food selections going in the wrong direnction. I guess I would agree with the posts. I think the Coral Reef stands out as a total let down the second (and third time) we ate there. The first time my DW and I went, it was kind of a different experience all together. It was 1988 and remember that we had to run to Epcot to get our reservations for the day on the television things. Every meal we had then was awesome. We ate several meals at the restaurant at the old Disney Inn (golf themed and not sure of the name of it), Ohana, Coral Reef.

Shame that we for the most part have noticed the decline. I don't get the sense of pride of the CMs in general like it used to be. They made you feel kind of special (all the time). Now if you get proper service or some little perk it seems like a miracle.

shame that is all.
    Donna rarely, if ever, eats the meat at Boma so i don't think it was her that Tink was talking about that posted a picture of some awful meat. Now she did have an awful meal at JIKO. It was Falafel with Bunny Chow. It was vegetarian. Donna has a tendency to call it Awful Falafel.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 300749
    Donna rarely, if ever, eats the meat at Boma so i don't think it was her that Tink was talking about that posted a picture of some awful meat. Now she did have an awful meal at JIKO. It was Falafel with Bunny Chow. It was vegetarian. Donna has a tendency to call it Awful Falafel.
    Too funny!!!!

Wow and neither one are exactly inexpensive at all! You would think that someone from WDW would check these forums and get a feel from their clientelle. We all can't be wrong right?

Funny thing is I noticed similar experiences on our cruises. On our first cruise (non Disney - RC cruise) we had the best experience of them all. It was an older vessel, not a mega boat (Monarch of the Seas) and the food was in a word WONDERFUL. Great service, the best. On subsequent cruises it has gotten worse and worse. Now the food isn't bad but far from where it was. I think the idea is to get to you spend more money at the permier clubs/restaurants on board.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 300749
    Donna rarely, if ever, eats the meat at Boma so i don't think it was her that Tink was talking about that posted a picture of some awful meat.
    That would have been me. The photo was so awful, I gag whenever I see it. I will dig it up. It is a treat. lol
    Nice!? lol

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Ick. Now I like a slight bit if fat cause that's what gives it a good flavor but not that much. My grandma would be in heaven lol

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    What the heck was that!!??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mags had some nasty, fatty meat at Boma. When I eat at Boma I never make it to the meat section

I had some awful falafel (and bunny chow) at Jiko two visits ago. Now, that was the trip where I was so sick. But John tried it and also considered it awful. So we now refer to it as the "awful falafel"..
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness that is disgusting, Chris would have walked that over to the manager.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember that the meat like that at Boma is carved before your very eyes. I would have rejected it and asked for another piece from the get go.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy cats that looked bad. I am with John though, think I would have opted out of that offer. I am glad I got to try it once. I wasn't really anxious to try it but my SIL was very high on the place from a previous trip. There was some really tasty stuff, but I felt like I had to really pick and choose carefully.

Post Thanks / Like
    I must admit, it was so busy and the line so long that I didnt even notice the fat until I went on to the next station. Believe me the beef wasnt the worst food that evening. The watery soup with a few pieces of vegetable and several pieces of sausage in it looked like something that might have been served at the gulags. What a forgettable evening that was.

Mags

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12