Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uk petition - switch to opt out Organ Donation

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,

As you are all aware, my Dad ukwdwnut, was patiently waiting for his lung transplant but unfortunately, He never got it in time to save his life.

I am spreading awareness of a new petition from HM Government that instead of joining the organ donor list, you are automatically added and have the choice to opt out.

On average, 3 people die every day waiting for an organ to be donated.
    The majority of Britons support organ donation and want to donate and yet a mere 29% of us are on the register.
    By switching to an opt-out system, we can eliminate a large cause of the organ shortage: human inertia. We can save money by eliminating the need for marketing campaigns to stir us into action.
    If a citizen feels strongly enough, he or she could simply remove himself from the database. Should they fail to do so, then at least our innate inertia might lead to some good.

I would be so grateful if anyone who feels strongly or agrees with the above, could sign the petition through the link below.

It could save lives and the organ donor waiting list will be so much shorter and people like my lovely Dad will have a much better chance at having their life saving transplant.

Thank you for reading,

Lots of love Lauren

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/38220

Post Thanks / Like
    i've already signed up to this Lauren, I think it's a great idea. Hope you are well

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep I totally agree, Me and my DD are on the list as we feel very strongly about it. After all I won't be needing my organs will I? However I do respect that some people don't want to donate. As you say human apathy is terrible so this can only be a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 300727
    i've already signed up to this Lauren, I think it's a great idea. Hope you are well

Thats fantastic! Thanks, fingers crossed they get the 100,000 signatures they need. I'm very well thanks hope you are too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Signed again just in case ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 300729
    Yep I totally agree, Me and my DD are on the list as we feel very strongly about it. After all I won't be needing my organs will I? However I do respect that some people don't want to donate. As you say human apathy is terrible so this can only be a good thing.

Totally, Its a very personal thing and I completely understand why any one would or wouldnt want to donate. I think that there are so many people out there that have no issue in donating their organs but have yet to register as a donor and these are the people that we need to save lives. Glad you and your DD are on board

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great idea Lauren. Happy to sign. x

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Done

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to sign but I'm in the US. I am an organ donor :-)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Two years ago my mother received a kidney from my sister, without it I believe my mother would not still be with us. I really can't think of a reason why anyone wouldn't want to be a donor. It makes me sad for those people who are in desperate need of a kidney and have no one to donate it to them. I used to take my mom to dialysis and used to feel so sad for the patients there knowing they were all hoping and waiting for a kidney
    A former co-worker of mine needed a liver about 5 years ago, his health was deteriorating very quickly.Fortunately for him (and his loved ones) he received a liver and has done very well after some early complications.
    If you aren't a donor please consider it

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15