Thread: Limited Time Magic

Post Thanks / Like
    I just left WDW yesterday, oh does it suck to be back home in the cold and snow.

Nevertheless, we got to see the old characters but I have a tip and inside information to pass along.

1. When the characters line up at Main Street in the Magic Kingdom, they are only out for 20 minutes and then take a 30 minute break. Plan accordingly based on the line, it crushed my 5 year old's heart when they left just two spots from the front after waiting over 45 minutes as we anticipated the characters and the early lineup.

2. While waiting, cast members told us that they are bringing out the Disney Princes (yes, the dudes...) for Valentines Day week.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    great tips thanks!

I often wondered about the queue for characters (which we've never done) Do they make it up to you in any way or just say "ok thats it?"

I wonder why they don't stop people joining the queue at a point instead and then make sure to see everyone who managed to join the queue
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 300917
    great tips thanks!

I often wondered about the queue for characters (which we've never done) Do they make it up to you in any way or just say "ok thats it?"

I wonder why they don't stop people joining the queue at a point instead and then make sure to see everyone who managed to join the queue

It seems to work really well, the cast members do hurry people up nicely of they're lingering too long. We tend to just have a photo and move on. Gaston however was not allowing this and he was very embarrassing! Caitlin was just giggling.

They do tend to say to people if the character is going in for a break and will often give you an approximate wait time if asked.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the past I have actually seen many cases where they did stop people from getting in line and tell them how long the wait would be before the character came back.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 300924
    In the past I have actually seen many cases where they did stop people from getting in line and tell them how long the wait would be before the character came back.
    I wish they would have. We did speak to guest services and they were not very sympathetic about the experience. They actually told my wife, "it is an extra bonus for arriving at this time, and not part of the overall Magic Kingdom experience."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that's awful, what a thing to say Guest Services should know better than that. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with the characters.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.