Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Have Your Photo Taken with the Characters

Post Thanks / Like
    The first time we went to WDW, I was a big kid and got an autograph book and lined up to have my photo taken When I think back now, people must have thought I was mad

We don't line up like we used to although we do have our favourites that we like to have our photos taken with.

Keith got me thinking when he said in another thread that they don't have their photos taken. If you are a couple do you line up to get your photos taken with characters or if you are a family is it just your children that have their photo taken or do you join in as well

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well you know my answer from the other thread

We've never lined up in all the years we've been going although we do have some photos with the characters from the odd character dinner at crystal palace etc.

There have been other occasions particularly in the years around 2001 when the parks were so empty that the characters would wander round with no queues. We often used to get a character run over to us and make a fuss, those are some of our very fond memories.

Again years ago, Disney experimented with the character bus which as many of you will remember was a double decker bus on which a load of characters would arrive. We have great shots of that

They also experimented with sending the characters to the lobby of the Disney resorts. Anyone remember those days? Again, the interaction was less rushed and a lot more fun
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend not to but if I ever spot Donald Duck (my hero and a bird with attitude) I would queue up. I hardly ever seem to find him even though I know where he appears, so I guess he's avoiding me. My 23 yr old loves Lilo and Stitch and she likes to get her photo taken with them as well as the Marvel characters at IoA. The only other time I have my photo taken is at the Breakfast buffet at 1900 Park Fare. I do like the Mad Hatter and Alice.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Autographs only when grandkids are with us. But pictures with characters, you bet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    You wouldn't catch me walking round with an autograph book now, that was the first and only time I did it

Do you find you get a look or sigh because you are standing in line and there are children behind you?

I always feel guilty when that happens, on our last trip, a little girl was desperate to get to Goofy and her mum kept pulling her back and saying very loudly that the adults in front were before her and we should ashamed of ourselves as the characters were there for children.

Chris kept turning round and giving them dirty looks, but I stopped him from saying anything.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've always had our photo taken with the characters, before we had kids, and now we have them. Ah yes, that's cause we're big kids

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get autographs unless I'm sending out postcards for people. I do stand in line for characters. And sadly I have had adults say rude things because there are no small children with us. I ignore it. Some of us weren't lucky enough to go as children.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I look at it this way. I'm paying good money to go to WDW. What WDW offers is for everyone. So if I want my photo with a character, I'll get my photo with a character. I haven't managed to get mine with the 7 Dwarfs yet and would have loved to have been there with the 3 Little Pigs.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed John. I don't let it stop me but some people are just really rude :-(

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We did before kids and will do after kids! The characters are what make Disney for me, I try to get as many as I can each trip and I love finding an unusual one!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast