Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wishes or Illuminations Cruise

Post Thanks / Like
    We've been on the Wishes cruise on the Grand 1 and it was magical, but I don't know whether to do it again - not on Grand 1 this time or to go on an Illuminations cruise instead.

Has anyone done one or the other or even both and which one did you prefer?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sure whether Im the one to answer this or not but I have done both. When it comes to both displays, I much prefer Illuminations. Wishes is just a little too soppy for me. HOWEVER, the Wishes cruise was miles better than the Illuminations cruise and even I thought that the view from the lagoon was magical. When we did the Illuminations cruise a thunder storm threatened right up until the last moment so that spoiled things somewhat. When we did finally get on to the boat and sat in our viewing spot on the other side of the bridge, I wasnt impressed with the view. Honestly, I would have preferred to choose a spot for ourselves in Epcot itself, but that's just my opinion Wendy.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mags, I think it's good to get different views on these things

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never been too thrilled with seeing where the Illuminations Cruises "park" to watch the show.

I too loved the Grand though, Wendy.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not even sure where the Illuminations Cruises do park but would love to do one with friends sometime. Not sure I'd want to do it with total strangers.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We've done Wishes cruises a few times, once on the Grand One which was incredible

Would love to do an illuminations cruise though so I'm also interested in hearing opinions.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've done them both, and done them alone and then with strangers.

Both are great but I do agree with everyone else, the wishes pre-show ride around is more fun and when you're "parked" in the middle of the lake it feels better than when squashed in at EPCOT under the bridge.

A few problems with the EPCOT one really. 1) all the boats park right next to each other under the bridge so you feel packed and you can hear people on the other boats etc. 2) the view from there isnt PERFECT 3) if the wind blows that way, they still park there :/ and the view can be, well, just smoke.

The wishes one felt more intimate and a better experience.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I like the sound of smoke blowing over us and it sounds a bit like a cattle market, with all the boats stopped under the bridge

Hhhmm I'll look into the different Wishes cruises.

Post Thanks / Like
    I cant believe they park under a bridge!

Post Thanks / Like
    They do, Mari. They stay under the bridge that connects the UK to France. So, you are actually at a distinct viewing disadvantage. You are looking out through the canal instead of having a full view of the lagoon. On the other hand, they can't get fully out into the lagoon because of the fireworks. If one of those went astray and landed on a boat... not a good thing.

Illuminations is far better viewed from around the World Showcase Lagoon... (did I sound like the announcer)?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast