Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Do You Ride First at the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like
    It's always different! But I never really rush to one thing when I get there. I kind of just mosey and get to places as I get to them. I do normally start on the Adventureland side of things, though.

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    99% if the time i head toward adventureland - fast pass for Jungle Cruise, then first ride is Pirates, then Tiki Birds and fast pass back to Jungle Cruise..... once in a while, usually 2nd day at disney i head to tomorrowland and get a fast pass for Buzz Lightyear...walk on..do other things..then fast pass for Buzz again... never enough time in the parks
    SusanM šoš A REAL MOUSE JUNKIE

Aug 1994 - off site
    Caribbean Beach - 8/95
    All Star Music - 4/19- 12/97 -9/98 - 4/99 - 2/00 - 2/03 4/04 - 7/12
    All Star Sports - 12/96 - 12/97 - 9/00
    Downtown Disney Resort Travelodge - 4/97
    Coronado Springs - 6/98
    All Star Movies - 9/99 - 11/99 - 7/01 - 10/01- 11/02
    Pop Century - 10/01 -- 06/04--05/05 - 8/11
    Port Orleans Riverside - 7/02
    All Star Sports - 10/03-- 11/06

Post Thanks / Like
    Our first ride at MK is almost always Haunted Mansion.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    My maximum stay inside MK is 4 hrs so I cant even remember what we head to first. I think we usually head towards Splash Mountain and then Pirates. We usually do Philarmagic and Space Mountain after that and leave.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 308190
    My maximum stay inside MK is 4 hrs so I cant even remember what we head to first.

Mags
    Now then, why is that? Crowds?

Post Thanks / Like
    You know? I can't even think of "one"...

Does the cotton candy spinner count? Because that's where I usually find myself...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 308191
    Now then, why is that? Crowds?
    Psychologically Becca, I think that is a huge part of it. Over the years and the many visits we have made to WDW, I have thought about all the things that appeal to me least and why. We always go at the end of August to avoid the crowds but when I see June/July crowd pics it almost sends me in to a spasm. The restaurants we have least enjoyed are often due to how busy they are as well as the quality of the food. For example Boma is big on my 'dislike' list because of the crowds/noise as well as the poor service and food. It is the same for me with W.Canyon but not the kids. I like the food there - the crowds are a different matter.
    When it comes to MK, Im afraid to say, it is my least favourite park in all of Orlando. I know that will offend all you MK fans and Im sorry BUT in my defence
    a)I find the park too big
    b)Im not a princess type of person and I may be shot for saying this, but the iconic castle doesnt do a thing for me. Now, on the other hand when I see the sorcerer's hat and ToT in HS I'm a mess. lol
    c)The crowds are too much for me and I always go on the least busy days too. It definitely has something to do with it.

Having said all that, we all love the shops in MK and POTC and Philarmagic are absolute musts.Running to avoid the bullets now......

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 308193
    Psychologically Becca, I think that is a huge part of it. Over the years and the many visits we have made to WDW, I have thought about all the things that appeal to me least and why. We always go at the end of August to avoid the crowds but when I see June/July crowd pics it almost sends me in to a spasm. The restaurants we have least enjoyed are often due to how busy they are as well as the quality of the food. For example Boma is big on my 'dislike' list because of the crowds/noise as well as the poor service and food. It is the same for me with W.Canyon but not the kids. I like the food there - the crowds are a different matter.
    When it comes to MK, Im afraid to say, it is my least favourite park in all of Orlando. I know that will offend all you MK fans and Im sorry BUT in my defence
    a)I find the park too big
    b)Im not a princess type of person and I may be shot for saying this, but the iconic castle doesnt do a thing for me. Now, on the other hand when I see the sorcerer's hat and ToT in HS I'm a mess. lol
    c)The crowds are too much for me and I always go on the least busy days too. It definitely has something to do with it.

Having said all that, we all love the shops in MK and POTC and Philarmagic are absolute musts.Running to avoid the bullets now......

Mags
    HAHAHA!! GET BACK OVER HERE!!! We were all going to crowd around you and give you a group hug !! :wink:

I KEED!! No bullets here, quite the contrary - I agree with many of your points. Now that our children are a bit older, MK has definitely descended down the priority list. The castle does indeed emote a multitude of feelings for me, and I find I MUST see it each visit. But as far as favorites...most of my favorites are either in EPCOT or HS. I detest the crowds in Fantasyland (and oftentimes the stroller-pushing militia) - and I will go out of my way to visit on a day or EMH evening when I think the crowds will be low. I do love to go during the MNSSHP and MVMCP - mostly because the crowds are low.

I love that the Sorcerer's Hat makes you a hot mess. It's one of the things I love most about Disney - there's something for EVERYONE!

Now...come here and put this princess dress and tiara on, we have some brain washing to do!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately so do the masses. It can be a nightmare in there sometimes. I wish there were a few evenings when it was adults only. Or at least kids 16 and up only. For a few hours. In the middle if the night even works for me

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12