Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back Stage Tours

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have done a backstage tour, which one did you do, did you enjoy it and how long was it?

I have to bear in mind that I can't walk for hours on end, stairs, steep slopes and uneven or narrow walkways are all a problem.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only one that we have done was the Keys to the Kingdom Tour at the MK a few years ago which we really enjoyed.
    From memory it lasted around 4 hours or so at the end of which was lunch laid on at one of the restaurants in Liberty Square.
    There is a bit of walking involved, but no more really than if you were to do your normal thing at the park. They do frequently stop for a rest along the way where things are explained to you.
    Again from memory, the only steps involved was when we went out through a secret door at the back of one of the shops along Main Street to access the "behind the scenes" area and entrance to the utilidors.
    I`m sure that you and Chris would enjoy the experience and you would be able to cope with it ok Wendy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 301030
    If you have done a backstage tour, which one did you do, did you enjoy it and how long was it?

I have to bear in mind that I can't walk for hours on end, stairs, steep slopes and uneven or narrow walkways are all a problem.
    I think I've done them all, unless they've added more since I last looked.

For brilliant value, the keys to the kingdom tour is brilliant. It's about half a day and is a walking tour but I should say, they walked pretty fast. Indeed a few members of our group had trouble keeping up. We saw a load of things at the magic kingdom as well as the utilidors etc.

My favourite though has to be backstage magic.

It's an all day tour including most of the parks and some of the resorts as well. You get to see a lot more, lunch is included and you're driven around in a disney coach which saves walking everywhere :)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive done keys to the kingdom and although i really loved it my mum found it really hard work. i dont recall us sitting down at all apart from at lunch and she really struggled. near the end of the tour they put a video on about when the park was being built but we all had to stand for it, it was a killer - personally wendy id look into another one if i were you, although it sounds like it depends on the cm you get doing it its not a risk i think you should take

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 301058
    Ive done keys to the kingdom and although i really loved it my mum found it really hard work. i dont recall us sitting down at all apart from at lunch and she really struggled. near the end of the tour they put a video on about when the park was being built but we all had to stand for it, it was a killer - personally wendy id look into another one if i were you, although it sounds like it depends on the cm you get doing it its not a risk i think you should take
    I do agree with that. It was a lot of walking around and standing
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If you really want to do the tour, would you consider renting a wheelchair or ecv?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose I could but I feel so self conscious. I normally only have to use one stick, but at the moment I'm having to use two and I am so embarrassed, I feel like an old woman. I would feel the same way using an ecv or wheelchair.

I prefer to walk and it just means we take breaks :)

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    We did the Behind the Seeds tour at The Land in Epcot Wendy. It is a one hour walking tour which was definitely long enough for me. It was a very informative walk through the area with plants, fish and alligators. We enjoyed it a lot. It is $18 each and although we booked well in advance, you can sign up on the day in the Land Pavilion just before the entrance to Soarin'

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly understand that Wendy. But please don't let pride limit you from doing something you would enjoy.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 301092
    I certainly understand that Wendy. But please don't let pride limit you from doing something you would enjoy.
    Thank you Johnie, I do try not to let it stop me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast