Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 301064
    I'm agreeing with you a lot at the moment Mags but yep :( we hated it last time with the princesses. It WAS great pre-characters but now it's just a place to hold parents hostage until they've paid the requisite price for their kids to see the princesses.
    You are! :-) Now, I wouldnt have minded a marauding handsome Vikings theme or even a Pirates character theme in Akershus instead . It would have fitted as well as any princess theme in a Norse banqueting hall. We have enough options for princesses in WDW. A little bit of Mr Depp would do nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 301070
    I used to love love love Akershus before they bought in the princesses and dropped the buffet. Ate there 3 times in one trip once. Totally ruined now.
    It was fantastic Dawn. I remember getting my recommendation from the Unofficial Guide (pre internet days) and it was the best meal we had at WDW.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    We actually really enjoy Akerhus, granted we never visited before it was a character breakfast.

We have done both breakfast and lunch.

For breakfast there is a buffet with fruit and cheese and deli meats, and then if I remember correctly they bring a large plate for all your table with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, etc...

For lunch you also get a starter buffet with salad options, cheese, deli meats, even some caviar and then you choose your appetizer and dessert. We thought the food was pretty good, and since our kids eat regular adult food and prefer it over burgers, fries and nuggets, it was a great place to be able to give them a decent meal.

The princesses for us make this place a must do, although it CAN get crazy busy. We still think its worth it.... but, if I didnt have 2 little princesses in tow, we would probably head to Bistro de Paris (or whatever it is called nowadays) instead!

Post Thanks / Like
    My understanding from CM friends is that Disney chose to have a Princess character greet there because it's the only castle in EPCOT.

I did like the "old" Akershus buffet, but haven't been since so can't compare to now. I'm not a huge character meal person, so there's no real allure for me to want to dine there.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohhhh Vikings and perhaps a troll or two would make this more fun!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't describe Vikings as 'fun' lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol well they would be Disneyfied

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Never eaten at Akershus, but Nine Dragons was really good the last time we were there. My husband and I were beyond happy with our meal. :)

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Faythstar, post: 301859
    Never eaten at Akershus, but Nine Dragons was really good the last time we were there. My husband and I were beyond happy with our meal. :)
    Nine Dragons is a fairly recent favourite of ours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12