Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone dined at Akershus before? If so, what did you think of it.

It's a place I've never considered eating at in the past but the menu looks ok. Am I correct in thinking that everyone gets the same starter and desert, you then choose your own main course?

Do you have to sit at a table with other guests or would we get a table for two?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't like Princesses, this is possibly not the place to go as it is a Character Meal with the Princesses.

Links to menus are below:

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not that we don't like the princesses, we just like the faceless characters way better.
    Looking for somewhere to eat at Epcot that we've never tried before and the menu looked ok. I'm one of those fussy eaters so quite a few of the restaurants we've never tried before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Akershus used to be my favourite restaurant inside WDW before they brought the princesses in to the equation. I have no idea why they did (well, yes I do really) as princesses have no place in Norse mythology. :-) I loved the food and it was often known as Epcot's hidden gem. It was a haven of peace and quiet and all the family loved it.
    I couldnt believe what a mad house it had become when we tried it our visit before last. The food had gone down the pan, there were far more tables and as princesses arent our thing, it definitely was a mistake to return. All in all, we hated it, but to be fair, all the little girls around us were in heaven.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 301048
    Akershus used to be my favourite restaurant inside WDW before they brought the princesses in to the equation. I have no idea why they did (well, yes I do really) as princesses have no place in Norse mythology. :-) I loved the food and it was often known as Epcot's hidden gem. It was a haven of peace and quiet and all the family loved it.
    I couldnt believe what a mad house it had become when we tried it our visit before last. The food had gone down the pan, there were far more tables and as princesses arent our thing, it definitely was a mistake to return. All in all, we hated it, but to be fair, all the little girls around us were in heaven.

Mags
    I'm agreeing with you a lot at the moment Mags but yep we hated it last time with the princesses. It WAS great pre-characters but now it's just a place to hold parents hostage until they've paid the requisite price for their kids to see the princesses.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to love love love Akershus before they bought in the princesses and dropped the buffet. Ate there 3 times in one trip once. Totally ruined now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies guys. I think we'll just stick to counter service.....the pain being we like different places so we have to sit through four meals on one day to get lunch and dinner each

Used to like Rose and Crown until they changed menu. I have booked Nine Dragons for our other day at Epcot

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried Biergarten? I think it's pretty good. You do sit with others but its not like you have to chat with them.

Have you tried Teppan Edo?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 301073
    Have you tried Biergarten? I think it's pretty good. You do sit with others but its not like you have to chat with them.

Have you tried Teppan Edo?
    We did Biergarten a couple of years back but didn't much like having to sit with strangers.

teppan Edomite really isn't my cup of tea Johnie. I'm way too fussy

Post Thanks / Like
    It's very basic though.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast