Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go again...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you PsychoAlice!

Unfortunately, she's headed right for the gulf, so there aren't many options. Florida, the Panhandle area, or points west in the gulf. :(

Right now they are forecasting wind speeds of 85 MPH as it makes landfall and works its way inland (or directly up the coast). One path has it going directly over our house. :sigh;

I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about that path though, as I've learned one firm thing about 'canes and that is they are TOTALLY unpredicatable with regard to path, landfall and direction.

We bought some extra water today. Batteries, and new electric lantern and some other bits and odds. We try to keep shelf stable food on hand always so we didn't need to get much of that.

The store were jammed terrible! It's the last weekend before school for many kids (Monday is the start date. Wonder if they'll end up with it off) so families were out in force buying school supplies and clothes.

I heard one woman yelling at the young girl she was with. :( The woman called her stupid (at the top of her lungs I might add) and the child just wilted. It bothered me all afternoon and still bothers me. :( I wish people would realize how much long term (sometimes permanent) damage they do when they treat children like that.

At any rate, we're back home and I'm going to try and sneak in a swim. It's been raining off and on all day, but right now it's a bit sunny.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya'll be careful hun....I've been twitchie about the "h" word since Katrina.....
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Ayuh. Same here. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Crist has declared a state of emergency. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    pixie dust pixie dust and even more pixie dust....

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the lastest on when it's expected to make landfall, Tink? If it hasn't already (I've been out all day, and have only watched the Olympics since...)

Please stay safe

Post Thanks / Like
    Still saying Monday afternoon. Haven't watched much of an update myself. :spring:

The olympics are just too addicting! LOL!

Heading for some rest now though. See you all in the morning. I'll update then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Peaceful nights sleep to you and yours.... that we have better news in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fay has slowed, and is now scheduled to make landfall sometime Tuesday. The path is now adjusted to be more certain to effect Orlando than previously thought. Again, the path changes so often that I don't much get worried about that until the storm gets much closer.

The storm is responsible for four deaths in the Dominican Republic. :( It is now headed for Cuba.

One of the main concerns about Fay and the Orlando area is the potential for flooding. With all the rain we've had lately, the amount likely to result from a hurricane could cause serious issues.

It's still a Tropical Storm too, by the way. So that is something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 33719
    The woman called her stupid (at the top of her lungs I might add) and the child just wilted. It bothered me all afternoon and still bothers me. :( .
    I hate to see that too, it makes me very sad.

Sending some more and good luck. Take care.
    [CENTER]

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast