Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go again...

Post Thanks / Like
    WELL!!! THAT is one heck of a vacation!

Oh, wait. You have those huge dogs, right? I'se skeered a' big dogs Miz Scahlett!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Sister Tink, you stay safe y'hear?

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL my lazy boys who nap all day and sleep all night?

I need to take a picture of them snuggled together on their dog bed...they are the sweetest things...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wellll, maybe...

Just checked on Seth and his Da. They live in the vicinity where the storm made landfall. They are ok, and managed to hold their power, whereas some other areas did not.

We are getting the feeder bands now for sure, and have the threat of tornadoes. We are on the news right now as a matter of fact, as the place where the activity of the feeder bands is particularly violent. Tornadoes a definite possibility.

Still the real threat of flooding. Wet all day, they are saying. Vertical and horizontal rain, falling with up to 50 mph winds. So, it doesn't seem like a Charley, Fran or Jeanne, than heaven! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 35200
    Wellll, maybe...

Just checked on Seth and his Da. They live in the vicinity where the storm made landfall. They are ok, and managed to hold their power, whereas some other areas did not.

We are getting the feeder bands now for sure, and have the threat of tornadoes. We are on the news right now as a matter of fact, as the place where the activity of the feeder bands is particularly violent. Tornadoes a definite possibility.

Still the real threat of flooding. Wet all day, they are saying. Vertical and horizontal rain, falling with up to 50 mph winds. So, it doesn't seem like a Charley, Fran or Jeanne, than heaven! :D
    So pleased its not a hurricane. You will feel like you are in the UK with vertical and horizontal rain. We get it most days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear Seth is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by mainecoon lover, post: 35230
    You will feel like you are in the UK with vertical and horizontal rain. We get it most days.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Meant to say that when it came on land it was still Tropical Storm force and had never made it to Hurricane force so that is a good thing.

The parks are open today. Actually, except for the real threat of the tornadoes (warnings all over the place) today is much like the rest of the summer days that we've been suffering through. Not a nice day to be in the parks. It's hot, and icky rainy. You know how much fun that is to be in a plastic poncho in the heat. :sigh;

New report saying sustained winds at 60 MPH. Hurricane warnings suspended, tropical storm warnings in effect. Tornado watch for all of Central and South Florida all day. One has touched down near Wellington FL. Flood watches remain in effect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you're all okay, Tink! Hope you're working from somewhere safe and not on the road today.

I slept in this morning--late nights and early mornings caught up with me!--and just turned on the television. Looks like CNN is predicting Fay will skirt the Orlando area. Lots of wind and rain, though.

for everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 35260
    Meant to say that when it came on land it was still Tropical Storm force and had never made it to Hurricane force so that is a good thing.

The parks are open today. Actually, except for the real threat of the tornadoes (warnings all over the place) today is much like the rest of the summer days that we've been suffering through. Not a nice day to be in the parks. It's hot, and icky rainy. You know how much fun that is to be in a plastic poncho in the heat. :sigh;

New report saying sustained winds at 60 MPH. Hurricane warnings suspended, tropical storm warnings in effect. Tornado watch for all of Central and South Florida all day. One has touched down near Wellington FL. Flood watches remain in effect.

We haven't decided what to do yet today. Have long leisurely breakfast and then will discuss what to do.

Very happy that Fay never made it to hurricane force. :p015:

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like
    Rain is expected to pick up this afternoon and early evening. I'm not sure about that though. It seems as though the worst of it is south of here and more on the east coast.

Being in the parks can't be too bad today.

(The wind is a bit stronger than it was).

Oh, I am home today thanks, Taja. I canceled my appointments for yesterday and today because of the storm. I'm on the road again tomorrow.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast