Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bull & Bear - Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone eaten here, I've been reading excellent reviews and am wondering whether to give it a try

It has a varied menu here

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    OOO it does look good!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 301197
    OOO it does look good!
    I thought you'd say that, the prices aren't too bad either, if you look at the pdf it has the prices on there.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 301198
    I thought you'd say that, the prices aren't too bad either, if you look at the pdf it has the prices on there.
    yeah REALLY like the look of that!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't been there... but I must say prices for dinner in the UK must be quite high if you think those prices "aren't too bad!" I thought they were pretty high!

The menu does sound very good though.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 301316
    Haven't been there... but I must say prices for dinner in the UK must be quite high if you think those prices "aren't too bad!" I thought they were pretty high!

The menu does sound very good though.
    Welllll if we go as a couple to a local restaurant. Nothing special but not a chain, so a proper chef, not just reheated stuff, we'd be talking about 120 assuming a cheap bottle of wine. Sooooo around $180-$190 for the two of us for a non-special but nice restaurant. That's "up north" of the UK and prices here are often half what they are in the south of the country.

So to be honest, when we come to Orlando and we have a meal at the columbia in celebration and it comes to $90 or something silly, we can't believe it

OK the bull and bear is more than that, but not enough to worry us v UK pricing

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink beat me to what I was going to say. But then I remembered that when we were in the UK the Pound was a little over $2.00. Now I guess it is around $1.60 so when I look at it that way, yes I guess those are reasonable prices.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 301320
    Tink beat me to what I was going to say. But then I remembered that when we were in the UK the Pound was a little over $2.00. Now I guess it is around $1.60 so when I look at it that way, yes I guess those are reasonable prices.
    That actually makes things more expensive for us Brits John, as we get fewer $$`s for our GBP.
    I remember the days when the exchange rate was over $2 to the pound, and boy were things cheap to us in those days!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 301319
    Welllll if we go as a couple to a local restaurant. Nothing special but not a chain, so a proper chef, not just reheated stuff, we'd be talking about 120 assuming a cheap bottle of wine. Sooooo around $180-$190 for the two of us for a non-special but nice restaurant. That's "up north" of the UK and prices here are often half what they are in the south of the country.

So to be honest, when we come to Orlando and we have a meal at the columbia in celebration and it comes to $90 or something silly, we can't believe it

OK the bull and bear is more than that, but not enough to worry us v UK pricing
    So if you go to a Longhorn here, and spend, oh say $40-60 for dinner, drinks and dessert... life is good! :D

I'm not a huge chain fan, but Longhorn tends to be pretty consistent (at least the one in Winter Garden Village).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 301555
    So if you go to a Longhorn here, and spend, oh say $40-60 for dinner, drinks and dessert... life is good! :D

I'm not a huge chain fan, but Longhorn tends to be pretty consistent (at least the one in Winter Garden Village).
    I wasn't mega impressed with them tbh :/ The staff were friendly which I liked, and the decor was amusing :) but the steak seemed pretty dull to me. Much like when we go to a beefeater place over here, consistent but not great quality.

The price was excellent though agreed I'll give them another try

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast