Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crab cakes

Post Thanks / Like
    My dd's favourite fish comes in the form of crab cakes. I can't seem to find any on WDW menus which come as entrees. Last time she had some at Kona which she thought were excellent but now they only come as appetizers. Does anyone know of a restaurant where crab cakes are served as entrees? If not how flexible do you think a restaurant might be about 'upping' crab cakes to an entree? We are going to be on the dining plan.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 301505
    My dd's favourite fish comes in the form of crab cakes. I can't seem to find any on WDW menus which come as entrees. Last time she had some at Kona which she thought were excellent but now they only come as appetizers. Does anyone know of a restaurant where crab cakes are served as entrees? If not how flexible do you think a restaurant might be about 'upping' crab cakes to an entree? We are going to be on the dining plan.

Mags
    The Captains Grille at the Yacht club have them as appetiser or entree, Caitlin had them and really enjoyed them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I just saw them somewhere... Jiko maybe? Or Sanaa? Or it could have been offsite. I have a memory like a sieve.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    do you think some of the restaurants may make it into an entree for you? I would like to think so...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey do you think Olivia's in OKW might have them?

How about the Flying Fish at Boardwalk? Seems like I saw something about them having them.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I are sometimes want to do nothing but appetizers for our main course. I'm sure that you would have no problem taking a crab cake appetizer to an entree simply by maybe doubling the order.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that she had them last time at the Captain's Grille but said they were just Ok. I know that they do them at FF but only as an appetiser and of course we don't get that on the DDP. I think it is the same at OKW as I checked the menu a while ago. Still, I can but ask. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure how it would work, but as a signature rest. on he plan they have them at Fultons in DTD. Pricey!! $31!

That is pretty high.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had success in getting an appetizer for 2 as my entree while on DDP. That was at Kouzinnas though. Not sure if that was just luck (did it twice) or because it was an appetizer for 2.

Could you pay for the app OOP and perhaps save the credit for something else?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I could do that Johnie, but it would be a shame as we never get through all our credits. Whatever happens, she will get them as they are her favourite food. One word of advice never eat the crab cakes at The Kitchen at HRH - they are beyond disgusting! Off to do one of my favourite things now - reading menus! Thank you again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast