St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner and we are gearing up for an incredible festival jam packed with brilliant Irish talent. Guests can embrace their inner Irish and celebrate the longest, largest and most authentic St. Patrick's Day event in town March 14 - 17 at Raglan Road. Live Irish music by top bands and dancers on multiple stages, a mighty selection of beers and authentic cuisine by Irish celebrity chef Kevin Dundon headline a spirited long weekend dubbed the Mighty Festival.
Guests ready to "get their green on" can participate in festivities that run from 6 p.m. until 1:15 a.m. March 14 and 15 and from noon until 1:15 a.m. March 16 and 17. The line-up of Irish band performances begins with a festival preview March 8-10 by The Willis Clan, a family of artists and musicians who merge their Irish roots with other music and dance genres to create a unique style. Beginning March 14 and culminating March 17, events feature:
- The Raglan Road Dancers, seven full-time champion dancers, performing daily.
- Renowned Irish dancer and choreographer Ronan McCormack of the original Riverdance cast, leading Irish Dance Workshops Friday through Sunday.
- Distinguished Dublin-born multi-instrumentalist Declan Masterson, recent touring musical director of Riverdance, leading Irish Music Workshops.
- Ceili (kay-lee) traditional music and structured set-dancing event on Saturday, inviting guest participation.
- "The Electric Ceili," Sunday evening, bringing a host of Irish musicians and dancers on the Waterfront Stage.
- Performances by Raglan Road house band Creel, The Willis Clan, Girsa, Three Dollar Band and Johnny & Justin.
- World-famous U2 tribute band Elevation, playing Saturday and Sunday
On Saturday, March 16 and Sunday, St. Patrick's Day guests will be seated on a first come, first served basis. Saturday, a cover charge of $5 will apply to each guest 18 and over; on Sunday, the cover charge is $10. Reservations can be booked on Mach 14 and calling 407/938-0300