Thread: Fishing at/near WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    DH fancies doing a spot of fishing during our next trip. Anyone here gone fishing near WDW, land or boat, we are open to suggestions.

I've had a look at the official WDW site and got their info but it could be offsite too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not fished at WDW. Do you know where he is going to fish? Or are you looking for information?

POR has pole fishing. Many of the other resorts have a guided fishing tour. All fishing at WDW is catch and release.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 301670
    I have not fished at WDW. Do you know where he is going to fish? Or are you looking for information?.
    Just looking for information Johnie. I'm probably wrong in saying this but I wouldn't have thought there would be much to catch in the WDW lakes so looking outside Disney too. Preferably calm water if on a boat so that I can join him.

Post Thanks / Like
    My grandmother was a guide for years at disney she was on the female bass angler pro tour there is a crazy amount of bass in those lakes it's expensive but worth every penny you will catch a huge fish 5+ pounds

Post Thanks / Like
    Some friends told me that they went to the lake at Kissimee where they did organised fishing trips from a boat Issy.
    I don`t know the name of the place but they took us there when they stayed with us at our villa a few years back.
    All I remember is that you can drive right up to the lakeside where they are located....not much use am I ? :ol:

Post Thanks / Like
    It's lake toho most likely

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if Disney requires you to possess a fishing license but anywhere outside of Disney certainly would.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that's covered in the cost

Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly hope for the very expensive guided fishing tours that Disney hosts that they would provide a license!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think so Johnie, In Virginia you can either get a personal license (fresh or salt water) or you may purchase one for the boat so that all on board are covered. Most people down here on the coast do that.