Thread: Mama Melrose

I just checked the menu out and it looks pretty good

Whats the quality like? Anyone tried it recently?

Thanks!!

I last went Dec 2011 for the fantasmic dining package. I've always had a good meal. I usually order the tomatoes mozzarella for an app and penne ala vodka for the entree.

We almost ate there on our last trip, but then were not able to. I'm curious to see what other people on here say, as I have read mixed reviews on other sites, but I'm still interested to try it!

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

I've eaten at Mama Melrose 5-6 times and when it's good it's really good and when it's bad..well uh It's bad. The first time we ate there the food was plain awful and I said I would never go back but after reading some decent reviews we decided to give it another shot and it was really good(both food &service) . The service has been spotty the last couple of times we went, I get the feeling that they don't have enough staff to keep up with the pace. I also don't think that we have ever been seated at our reservation time. I know it sounds like i am bashing the place but I am not. We will be back dining there again on our next trip.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

That's more the kind of reviews I had been reading online, BUTTERHEAD1. I still feel like I'd like to try the place at least once. And who knows, they can always improve things. I had heard that Tony's Town Square Restaurant had improved quite a bit, whereas I know they used to get pretty spotty reviews themselves.

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney