Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Argh help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all

How are we all?

Sorry we've not been on the forum for ages. Both been stupidly busy with a number of things.

But we've not forgotten you. Or Disney.

We are looking around at something to do and somewhere to go this year.

So - we're stuck....

Option a) One week (only one week boo hooo) in Florida in November for the Christmas period

or

Option b) 4 nights on the Disney Magic in the Med, going from Barcelona, in August.

So, questions are:

1 - which would you choose?
    2 - what's the Disney Magic like? Given that we might go at the height of summer, does it get really over-crowded and ruin the experience?
    3 - what is there to do for adults on the cruise that doesn't involve clubbing or drinking? And given that Deafjeff is, well, Deaf, what entertainment would be accessible for the both of us?

Answers on a postcard to..... :)

Be good to hear from you all.
    Take care
    S x

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey stranger

It's good to see you here :)

Well, let me see, if it was me I would go for option A, I'd possibly go the first week in December if you can, as this is normally fairly quiet after Thanksgiving and before the Christmas rush.

The reason I wouldn't go for option B, the cruise, is because I can think of nothing worse than being on a ship in August full of children from the UK and Europe on their school holidays I love children as much as the next person, it's just not my idea of fun

I can't help on any of the entertainment side of things, but our two crusing addicts will be along to answer those questions for you :D

Don't be a stranger and send my love to Jeff

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya ClarkKent!

Good to hear from you again.

Hmmm... a toughie, that one.

I think, given your situation, I might agree with Wendy on this one.

While I love Disney cruises (as if you didn't know that), sound is definitely part of the experience. Whether it's the stage shows or some of the other shows that go on in the various clubs, being deaf is going to be a detriment. Sure, the visual aspects of the theater shows is stunning but I don't know that it would be enough on it's own without sound.

Sir Terry may disagree with me but I think in your case, you'd both enjoy Florida more. At least this time.

Tom (... and you have no idea how difficult it was for me to say that! )

Post Thanks / Like
    Oddly enough [and this pains me ], but I agree that given the circumstances, Florida does seem to be the best option.
    I also reckon that a 4 day cruise is just about the minimum length of a cruise that I would consider as it feels as though no sooner have you boarded that it`s time to disembark!

Having said all of that,we did a 12 night DCL Med cruise a few years ago and it was absolutely fantastic and although it was in July if I recall, we didn`t experience loads of kids spoiling things for us adults!
    DCL are very good at segregating the various age groups on board and the adults only pool area is quite a haven of peace!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 302246
    Hiya ClarkKent!

Good to hear from you again.

Hmmm... a toughie, that one.

I think, given your situation, I might agree with Wendy on this one.

While I love Disney cruises (as if you didn't know that), sound is definitely part of the experience. Whether it's the stage shows or some of the other shows that go on in the various clubs, being deaf is going to be a detriment. Sure, the visual aspects of the theater shows is stunning but I don't know that it would be enough on it's own without sound.

Sir Terry may disagree with me but I think in your case, you'd both enjoy Florida more. At least this time.

Tom (... and you have no idea how difficult it was for me to say that! )
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 302250
    Oddly enough [and this pains me ], but I agree that given the circumstances, Florida does seem to be the best option.
    I also reckon that a 4 day cruise is just about the minimum length of a cruise that I would consider as it feels as though no sooner have you boarded that it`s time to disembark!

Having said all of that,we did a 12 night DCL Med cruise a few years ago and it was absolutely fantastic and although it was in July if I recall, we didn`t experience loads of kids spoiling things for us adults!
    DCL are very good at segregating the various age groups on board and the adults only pool area is quite a haven of peace!
    Do you have any clue how hard this was to write?

I never, ever, thought that Sir Slowhand and I would choose any other option other than a Disney cruise.
    Good lord, that certain netherworldly place must be freezing over about now.

Tom (... stunned... )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 302252
    I never, ever, thought that Sir Slowhand and I would choose any other option other than a Disney cruise.
    Good lord, that certain netherworldly place must be freezing over about now.
    Yep, it sure was painful Tom, but ya gotta say it as it is eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I thought my eyes were deceiving me, are you sure you are both going to be ok

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 302259
    Yep, it sure was painful Tom, but ya gotta say it as it is eh?
    Just goes to show you what fine, sterling, upstanding individuals we are when we'd subjugate our preferences for the greater good.

Tom (... and if you buy that one, I've got some swamp land I need to talk to you about.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 302262
    Just goes to show you what fine, sterling, upstanding individuals we are when we'd subjugate our preferences for the greater good.
    Totally agree Tom...even though I did have to get my dictionary out in order to translate.

Post Thanks / Like
    HELLO!

I am stuck at home with nasty bout of IBS My stomach is a bit like Chicago windy city!

Anyway after doing some haggling for the cruise, I know Stephen got his eyes set on Florida for a week but I thought cruise would be good alternative.

Virgin Cruise was completely pants! That's another story so I am not that impressed with them so far grrr

Our local travel agent have come up with 1597 with a private transfer. Or 1752 for the outside cabin with private transfer.

Virgin wanting 1640 for inside and coach transfer with $100 spending money and 1920 for outside cabin with coach transfer and $100 spending money.

Your thoughts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast