Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Road to Banff!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 34309
    Honey, if I rode any more I'd be meeting you for that road trip to Maine! Need a follow car?

Did you get rained on? (I tried to read the blog but it crashed my computer)! (I'm sure it's the laptop and not the blog). That's SO much fun; riding at top speeds in the rain.
    I tried to post a comment to one of the entries..and I got shut out. I tried again, and it was ok. I know it was my computer...it's old.
    ANYWAY....yes we did get rained on! In Canada once..it was just a slight sprinkle. AND about 20 minutes from home we hit the BIG one....we had to stop and actually put our rain gear on...I stayed fairly dry all smooshed up against Rick...hehehehehe

Hmmmm a follow car...I'll bring that up at the next riders meeting! Great idea! You can carry the gear and sandwiches!
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    And the money.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 34315
    And the money.
    Oh yeah....that's a good one too. Especially since this trip was mostly cash only. We paid for gas and souviners with CC, but hotel and food was cash.

Do you know that Canada does NOT have $1 bills? they have the $1 and $2 coins. THAT gets so heavy after awhile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same with Ireland. They have 1 euro coins, 2 euro coins... Does get heavy. We used them for tips at the pubs and for the chambermaid. The pubkeepers loved us.

Don't you just love Canada though?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Tink...Canada was so beautiful! We met this wonderful older man who played all sorts of cool "odd" instruments while we were at Lake Louise. He had on ... shoot, I can't spell it or pronounce the name of those shorts with suspenders...and he YODELED while our picture was being taken with him! It was awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't spell it but I think you mean leiderhosen? My Da brought my brother a pair back from Germany on one of his visits. (My brother had to wear them too). Heeeeheeeeheee!

I love Canada. I love the country areas and I love their cities (well, the ones I've been to, of course). So, are you saying, "eh" and "oout" and "hooose?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey sweetie. Tell David to get the rest of that blog posted. It ends at day 5.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome home, Bev!

Banff is gorgeous, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 34334
    I can't spell it but I think you mean leiderhosen? My Da brought my brother a pair back from Germany on one of his visits. (My brother had to wear them too). Heeeeheeeeheee!

I love Canada. I love the country areas and I love their cities (well, the ones I've been to, of course). So, are you saying, "eh" and "oout" and "hooose?"
    Yes...leiderhosen...and I got a HUG!
    David started saying EH a lot! it was VERY annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 34420
    Hey sweetie. Tell David to get the rest of that blog posted. It ends at day 5.
    I've let him alone this weekend. He and Maria were in Dallas without the kids!
    Now I'm back to being MOM...I'll go bug him.

Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 34425
    Welcome home, Bev!

Banff is gorgeous, isn't it?
    Banff was so PRETTY!!! One thing we learned about being in Canada, they have a different mind set. When you order Chinese here in the states, you KNOW you're going to get served within 20 minutes. In Canada, it took almost an HOUR!!! Same with the super nice Restaurant at the Caribou Lodge where we stayed in Banff. Dinner was superb, but it took FOREVER to get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back Bev

Wow! What a fantastic trip, the scenery looks breathtaking. I've had a look through and hopfully tomorrow I will get the time to have a proper read

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast