Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So sorry...really need to vent.

Post Thanks / Like
    As some of you already know...my sister is evil. Disney villain evil. Just down right nasty. She presents herself as a good Christian and it makes me sick.

I should know better than let her effect me like this...I should not let her have power over me. I kNOW this, but still she tears me down with every chance she gets.

Her daughter is my niece working at Ohana. Jordan and I have a trip scheduled for June to go see her. Luckily at a time my sister will NOT be there. (She is going down every other month because she can't bear to be away from *daughter*).

She is continually telling me *daughter* is feeling "awkward" and "pressured" by demands I am making of her about things we want her to do for us during our trip. I have asked NOTHING of her other than when does she usually work. If my sister tells me one more time that 'You can't talk about her being a CM in public' one more time, I swear I will kill her.

She gloats on other board (that I lurk) how *daughter* is having a marvelous time...tells me I can't even send her packages (of 2 Doctor Who pins and some candy bars) because she can't have any JUNK and she is so stressed about everything she may leave to come home at any moment.

I don't want to text my niece and ask her about it because she does stress easily and I don't want to be the cause of more...she gets enough from her mother. She is a bit blind about her mom...both boys see her as the manipulative witch she is, but *daughter* believes her mom is just a bit over protective. (Daughter is 22, by the way..a college graduate and has her Masters)

I am within a hair's breath of cancelling my trip just to end the aggravation.

So, I'm sorry...just needed to scream about it to someone. Thanks for listening.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Rant away.

DO NOT cancel your holiday. It would be futile and accomplish nothing. If you think your contact with your niece is adding to your niece's problems, then you will understand you need to reduce or cease contact. That's ridiculous, but your niece seems to be taken in fully by her mother's manipulative ways.

Unfortunately, your niece will learn otherwise. Then you can be there to offer support and comfort, for that day is coming.

Can't talk about your niece in public? Why not? Isn't this the same sister who posted extremely confidential information about YOUR son on a website where you are not a member? Not being a member prevented you from seeing the information in a timely manner and asked to have it taken down, no?

You know my personal thoughts on your sister. Unfortunately, sometimes we do have those sort of people in our families. (I have one too).

Live your life on your own terms and let your sister stew in her own misery. It is of her making, after all.

As for your niece, well I'm sorry to say but you'll have to wait that one out.

Now! Pick up your good spirits and carry on planning your Disney holiday for you and your handsome son!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Tink

Live your life! Have an excelent trip!

Bring her the pins and candy when you see her and just plain stop talking about her or your trip with your sister!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear, families can be upsetting. Don't let her spoil your life, have your holiday and enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 302400
    If you think your contact with your niece is adding to your niece's problems, then you will understand you need to reduce or cease contact. That's ridiculous, but your niece seems to be taken in fully by her mother's manipulative ways.
    Unfortunately, your niece will learn otherwise. Then you can be there to offer support and comfort, for that day is coming
    I totally agree. It'll be sad to have to do so but it sounds as if you may have to.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Michelle, I know exactly what you mean about your sister. She is constantly posting on that other site about her daughter. I can't believe that a young woman that age is so constantly dependent upon her mother. Plus I think your sister is smothering her by going down there every other month. By all means DO NOT cancel your vacation. Go and enjoy yourself.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Hon you know how I feel. Your sister's joy in life is to bring misery to yours. Do NOT give her that power. You go on your trip and enjoy it! As for your niece, well there may be nothing you can do about that except to be there when she needs you.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't really add anything else to what has been said. Don't cancel your trip though, go and enjoy yourself

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweetie, I surely wouldn't cancel my trip because of her.

Go. Have fun with Jordan while he still wants to be seen with you. If you see your niece, fine. Don't let your sister's venomous ways ruin your relationship with your niece- or your fun.

Go in spite her- don't stay home because of her.

Hugs!
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry you're having to deal with this. We really do all know these people, they just love to stir up trouble.
    I would agree that all you can do is support your niece when she comes to realize what her mother is really like. Until then, keep things light and friendly and don't put pressure on her or let her know that there might be some fireworks between you and her mother. That just causes more stress.
    Whatever you do, don't cancel your trip. Go and have a good time, and stop by to say hello to your niece when you get there. Just try not to let it worry you. If you know you haven't been asking her to do anything for you or putting any pressure on her, try to relax and just keep being a good aunt to her.
    Sending you happy thoughts!

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for your words of kindness...just what I needed to balm my soul against her vileness. I do try so hard to ignore her, but she seems to know exactly what it is to wriggle under my skin. She has been trying to undermine my relationship with her daughter for a couple of years now and I take most of it to try to deflect trouble for my niece.

John, I do feel like I've sunk to her level lurking over there...but I just wanted news of how things were going since she won't share anything but doom and gloom with me.

Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 302443
    Go. Have fun with Jordan while he still wants to be seen with you.
    And Donna, BITE YOUR TONGUE! Jordan has promised to live in my basement forever.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast