Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peaceful or relaxing Spot to Sit in the Parks

Post Thanks / Like
    ooohh.. we like the rocking chairs near the photo centre at MK or sometime we sit on tomorrow transit or something like that just to chill out and we do the same for the stream railway too

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes! Both of those (the TTA, or People Mover as some of us old timers call it) and the Train are great ways to relax and still be entertained.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, but this post makes me particularly "homesick" today. Perhaps it's because of the hectic schedule I've kept this week, or perhaps it's because "people watching" and just "absorbing" is one of my favorite activities at WDW.

I have many of the same places as others - Starring Rolls Bakery, the Writer's Stop, almost ANY location in the World Showcase. I also love to sit on the benches just inside the IG, and the big, round, bench that encircles the tree just outside of Tusker House - I love to listen to the live music there. But my favorite spot of all - is In EPCOT, just as you're on your way out, there's a little "alcove" on the left and inside there are concrete benches that surround four or five large light displays in the ground. It's quite secluded and not overly publicized, so it's usually quite empty. Since discovering it when the kids were quite small we have stopped in on every visit. We sit and listen to the last strains of Illuminations while watching the crowds exit. Years ago, the kids would play in the lights - dancing about like so many Faeries...but now they often prefer to sit quietly with me talking about our trip, our lives, or nothing at all. It is absolutely and without a doubt, my happy place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 309218
    Funny, but this post makes me particularly "homesick" today. Perhaps it's because of the hectic schedule I've kept this week, or perhaps it's because "people watching" and just "absorbing" is one of my favorite activities at WDW.

I have many of the same places as others - Starring Rolls Bakery, the Writer's Stop, almost ANY location in the World Showcase. I also love to sit on the benches just inside the IG, and the big, round, bench that encircles the tree just outside of Tusker House - I love to listen to the live music there. But my favorite spot of all - is In EPCOT, just as you're on your way out, there's a little "alcove" on the left and inside there are concrete benches that surround four or five large light displays in the ground. It's quite secluded and not overly publicized, so it's usually quite empty. Since discovering it when the kids were quite small we have stopped in on every visit. We sit and listen to the last strains of Illuminations while watching the crowds exit. Years ago, the kids would play in the lights - dancing about like so many Faeries...but now they often prefer to sit quietly with me talking about our trip, our lives, or nothing at all. It is absolutely and without a doubt, my happy place.
    I LOVE writer cafe it one of! Favourite cafe in the whole WDW!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12