Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kate

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi mummy to be, how are you Is baby behaving herself and letting mummy get some rest now and then :)

Not long to go now and you will have the little bundle of joy to cuddle and Isabelle will be a big sister :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are we now in the countdown, Kate? I lose track of things so very easily. Sure hope you are feeling well!! Is Isabelle getting excited?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both for thinking of me!

Im not too bad thanks, waiting to hear from the physio about pain in my hips and pelvis - dont think they can do much apart from a support belt. I mentioned it to my midiwfe at 16wks, again at 24wks and the GP at 30wks - they didnt help me and the gp even told me to "grin and bare it". The pain is horrendous at times but i found out that i can self refer so its finally under way.

Tink, i am due in 5wks time! Isabelle is very excited and cant wait for her baby sister to come along!

No names yet either, its so hard trying to find something that we all like!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my. :( I don't like the sound of that doctor at all. Grin? Maybe that person needs to feel your discomfort for eight hours and see what that's like then.

I hope you are able to rest? Does that help the discomfort?

Naming is such fun, isn't it? Hard to do but so significant. It's great to be able to tell a child the "story of your name."

I don't know if you know Ieuan Rees? He's a member who visits very infrequently, but a very sweet man none the less. :D He had two daughters, with the eldest naming the second child. She named her sister Georgina. Ieuan and his wife, Diane were happy enough to go with that choice. Lucy told them a bit later (after Georgina was born and named) that she'd named her for a giraffe in a children's story! Lovely girls, both of them and so very smart!

Anyway, I surely hope you are able to get some relief from the discomfort. Doesn't sound nice at all.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    You never know, a name might just come out of the blue :)

My mum got my sisters name from watching TV credits. It was Carla, as in Carla Lane, who wroye butterflies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I quite like the name Kate! I think it would be lovely to have a variation of that name for your daughter. :D

(Now who is being old fashioned)? :D :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, its very hard to get comfy at the moment so as silly as it sounds resting is hard! Turning over in bed is incredibly painful, as is getting up out of bed - so im not sleeping too well. I am hoping that as soon as baby is born this will go - fingers crossed anyway!

Im looking at credits, books, anything i can really but nothing is jumping out - and the ones that i think 'oh thats nice' dh and isabelle screw their noses up at!

Well as for letting isabelle have a say - she said Tinkerbell now if we were getting a puppy or a kitten then i might let her have her own way, but not for her baby sister!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 303342
    Tink, its very hard to get comfy at the moment so as silly as it sounds resting is hard! Turning over in bed is incredibly painful, as is getting up out of bed - so im not sleeping too well. I am hoping that as soon as baby is born this will go - fingers crossed anyway!

Im looking at credits, books, anything i can really but nothing is jumping out - and the ones that i think 'oh thats nice' dh and isabelle screw their noses up at!

Well as for letting isabelle have a say - she said Tinkerbell now if we were getting a puppy or a kitten then i might let her have her own way, but not for her baby sister!!
    I wish you could find a comfortable position, being in pain all the time is no fun at all

You do realise that Tink we see nothing wrong with Isabelle's choice of name

Are you looking for something that's traditional like Victoria or modern like Mercedes

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definately not trendy like Mercedes!! I hear some names and wonder what on earth some people were thinking of, their poor child has to carry that name for the rest of their lives!!

Not sure we're classic either - infact we're just kind of floating around with nothing! haha! 'Isabelle' was chosen so early on, by this time with her we were ready and waiting - this time round i still have quite a bit to do - not including all the washing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, not long now Kate. Don't overthink names... one will pop up as soon as baby arrives. :)

As for sleeping, try propping yourself up on 3 or 4 soft pillows. Graduate them from waist level to headboard. That way you'll be able to shift position with actually rolling. Good luck.
    [CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast