Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Dinner

Post Thanks / Like
    I was told today that I'm old fashioned because we always have a roast dinner on a Sunday To me it's a tradition, I grew up always having a Sunday roast and I carried on cooking it when I got married.

Am I alone in this or do any of you still have a roast on a Sunday or is there anything that you had when you were younger that you cook now?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    We never had a traditional Sunday meal. I would love a Sunday roast but Donna isn't big on roast beef or pork and never lamb so we do something else. Today will be meatloaf.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mama used Sundays as a brunch day. She'd make her own bread and frittata (fry some of the bread dough!) and we'd go from there. Sunday was a "off day" for Mama and things were simple. We'd have a stew, or a hearty soup (I LOVED her chicken soup with pastina) or if we were really lucky she'd make us pizza. :D

It sometimes ended with a light supper in front of the television watching Wonderful World Of Disney. THAT was a special treat, eating in the living room.

Mama made full lovely meals during the week as she didn't work outside the house. Weekends were her "time off" for the big heavy cooking. Saturday was mostly leftovers or during the summer Da' would grill out.

If we were having company of a Sunday (VERY rare) Mama would then go all out and cook a huge and fancy meal.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually have a roast on a sunday, its something i always used to have when i was growing up too. However today we had shepherds pie as dh decided to cook a roast yesterday instead!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have them mainly in the winter on days we're not doing anything else. I don't think you're old fashioned at all

Post Thanks / Like
    We always had a sunday roast and as we grew older, it was the one meal that we couldn't escape looking back of course, I now see the point.

Meals nowadays are rushed microwave affairs or eating out, I'd LOVE a proper home cooked roast
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it's old fashioned at all. I wish we did it.

When I spent my summers in Kentucky with my grandparents, there was always a HUGE meal after church. I miss that.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We do it most weekends unless we're out the house all day. I don't think its old fashioned at all- I miss not having a roast if we don't have one! Quite often if we don't have it on Sunday, we have it on Monday
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Not any more. It is just too expensive. Today I had one of my favourite pasta dishes; chili pork with rigatoni. I love it. I just saute an onion, add garlic, minced pork and half a mild red chili. In goes a tin of chopped tomatoes and a little water and it simmers away for just 30mins. At the end I add just a small amount of cream and then add the pasta and a little pasta water if necessary. Much nicer than bolognese and goes done a treat here.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Not old-fashioned, :) although personally I take being called that as a compliment. :D
    We have a roast on Sundays too. Can't beat a hearty roast dinner.
    [CENTER]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast