Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Other Parts of America Would you Like to Visit

Post Thanks / Like
    I completely agree Kate, when we did our trip for my 40th birthday it cost us a small fortune and we didn't have a holiday the year after.

I've been to the Grand Canyon and Hawaii and they are both absolutely amazing. I would have a real problem though if I could go to Hawaii for the same as it costs to go to Florida Hawaii took my heart and I will get back there one day, I just have to.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll get back there Wendy its funny how sometimes you go to places expecting them to be one offs but you end up going back there! Florida in 2003 for us was our 'once in a lifetime' holiday - our next trip will be our 5th!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 303453
    Trouble with us is a 'big' holiday always takes up so much saving that we'd rather go to florida - we know what we're getting there and know that we will have such a wonderful holiday that we dont want to spend that money going somewhere else if that makes sense?!
    Yep, that's exactly how I feel.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I pretty much want to visit everywhere!

Planning on a west coast trip in 2015, taking in SF, LA and Vegas with lots of driving and stopping off in between!

I also really want to do New England, Washington DC, Washington State, New Orleans, Memphis, Atlanta, Chicago and the Carolinas!

Better get on with it because I also need to fit Canada in there as well!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a few places then Lisa

We did the LA, San Francisco, Vegas trip it was really great we had a week to relax in Hawaii as well. You must visit Yosemite National Park, it is beautiful.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've had a two week beach holiday at White Horse Beach near Cape Cod - amazing and I got stranded in Washington by hurricane Sandy, but absolutely loved it. Want to go back when it is fully open! Also fancy Route 66....... I'll keep saving!,!
    Montymouse

Post Thanks / Like
    So many placaes. I really loved Washington. Went there on business and didn't expect to think anything special about it but it had a really great feel to it. I could easily live there. Then we went onto New York in the same trip and again, completely different feel to Washington but utterly amazing. I think I liked it more because it WASNT a holiday :/ I was working in both places so got a bit more into the culture than if I'd just been looking for the touristy bits.

Route 66, would LOVE to take my camera along.

Hawaii has somehow never entered my radar, tell me about Hawaii someone :D
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 303824

Hawaii has somehow never entered my radar, tell me about Hawaii someone :D
    Oh what do you want to know, it's a beautiful place, a photographer's paradise. We went to Oahu but plan on visiting the Big Island as well when we eventually go back. Chris wants to see the volcano.

I hope I never have to choose between WDW and Hawaii, because sadly I think Hawaii would win There wasn't one thing about the island that I didn't like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 303830
    Oh what do you want to know, it's a beautiful place, a photographer's paradise. We went to Oahu but plan on visiting the Big Island as well when we eventually go back. Chris wants to see the volcano.

I hope I never have to choose between WDW and Hawaii, because sadly I think Hawaii would win There wasn't one thing about the island that I didn't like.
    hmmm interesting!!!!

What did you do there? was it just wandering around looking at the beautiful scenes or?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We're probably going to Washington again next spring to see some friends that are currently out there. Toying with the idea of flying into New York and spending a couple of nights there and then driving to see them. Have been to Washington 3 times but only toured the city, need to expore the countryside around it.

There's loads more I want to do in the US, Lisa I need to be your personal travel guide of South Carolina!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast