Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you normally have breakfast in WDW?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to admit to not loving the breakfast offerings at WDW... I find that most offer pretty plain tasteless fruit, super sugary juice, boxed scrambled eggs and super salty/greasy bacon/sausage.... I guess I am too used to Mexican breakfasts...

So this trip we will be doing mostly lunch/dinner out and only 1900 Park Fare and 'Ohana for breakfast, more because of the characters than the food.

We are also planning to have breakfast at Kona Café since we really liked the food last time and might try The Wave since its not a buffet, and hopefully the eggs wont come from a box hahahaha

So, where do you like to have breakfast?

Post Thanks / Like
    First Mari, let me ask what you eat in Mexico for breakfast?

We like to try different places. Sometimes it is just from the food court of our resort. We like Boma, Kona Cafe and our two latest discoveries Grand Floridian Cafe and Olivia's.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go to a buffet in Mexico, you would expect to get the following options (at least, but not limited to)

Fresh fruit, really tasty.... watermelon, melon, papaya, cantaloupe, mangoes, kiwis, pineapple, and others
    Cereals
    Yogurt
    Milk
    2 or 3 different juices, most times freshly pressed
    coffee/tea
    Scrambled eggs
    srcambled eggs with ham
    omelette station (fried eggs, or omelettes with: cheese, ham, bacon, mushrooms, poblano slices, etc...)
    cooked beans
    chilaquiles
    pancakes
    pastries: "pan dulce"
    sausage /bacon
    could also get: enchiladas /quesadillas/ a sheddred beef or chicken dish with non spicy salsa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mari, you have chosen my two favourite breakfast venues. I love Kona and 1900 PF. In fact 1900 is my favourite character venue. When it comes to breakfast choices, most days we would 'buy' 1 credit service breakfast and 1 snack between three. We find that that is enough.
    This year though we are staying at a 1 bed villa in OKW so we will buy some bread and butter in Publix and just have toast and a cup of tea before hitting the parks. We will only make two exceptions and that will be for Kona and 1900.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Kona Cafe is a great breakfast choice, we also love Boma breakfast. We have a few others booked as well 'Ohana, Captains Grill, crystal Palace .. Apart from that we tend to 'pop' offsite to Bob Evans or Cracker Barrell when we are at AKL and when we are at The Boardwalk we grab a pastry and fruit and eat outside of the bakery there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We normally have toast and cereal by the pool but we do always have breakfast at Kona one morning whilst we are there. It's just something about their breakfast it's a must do.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 303722
    It's just something about their breakfast it's a must do.
    It has to be those delicious pancakes (pineapple ones for me and the blueberry ones for my dd) or the Tonga toast with the strawberry sauce. It is a delicious start to the day. Of course the great coffee adds to it.

Mags

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    KONA CAFE is my favourite

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and daughter usually go to the food court for waffles/pancakes while my son and I sleep in. Breakfast for me usually is a cup of coffee and a banana

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    We recently had an incredible breakfast at Cape May. Minnie made a real fuss over the children, and the selection of food was wonderful (and very well kept).

We'd had breakfast at Boma a few years back and were unimpressed. However, we tried it again in January and it was really nice!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast