Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

Post Thanks / Like
    ok time for another reading thread to give me some ideas!

I've read all the morganville vampires

Just finished all the beautiful creatures....

What next? I dont know! I HATE it when I'm not in the middle of a good series :/ Anyone any ideas?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm currently reading Jen Lancaster's new novel. Not sure if you'd like a 1980's American snarky girl though lol. I love her, she cracks me up

Have you read Anne Rice? I love her vampires. The Mayfair Witches series is awesome too

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll give anything a try!

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am reading THE AFFAIR BY LEE CHILD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    For the football fans highly recommend Take your eye off the ball by Pat Kirwin if you can find the play book version that one comes with a dvd to explain the methods

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you get a chance to read the Chloe Neill books? They are the Chicagoland vampire novels?

I'm reading my normal smut, but now have to add in EPPP (psychology licensing exam) materials. Not fun....so I have to read both to get through the other. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Text books and papers! No brain power left to read anything else LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 303741
    ok time for another reading thread to give me some ideas!

I've read all the morganville vampires

Just finished all the beautiful creatures....

What next? I dont know! I HATE it when I'm not in the middle of a good series :/ Anyone any ideas?
    We seem to like the same books... what's the Morganville Vampires about and the beautiful creatures?

Have you read Jeffrey Archers books... rotten MP but a brilliant storyteller.

Do you like Terry Pratchet? I'm not too keen, and what about Stephen King... again... some are good and some are not so good. I did enjoy The Dome by him though and his latest one.. forget what it was called... about a guy who has to stop Kennedy being assasinated to change world events and what happens when he does... He time travels.. that one was good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 303810
    We seem to like the same books... what's the Morganville Vampires about and the beautiful creatures?
    Morganville vampires is a brilliant series. Claire Danvers moves to morganville to go to college but soon finds out that the town is not a normal town. It's actually a town created by vampires and if you don't want to be drained, you need to find yourself a vampire protector and pay your taxes.... in blood! to the community blood bank. The house she moves into is haunted and her part time job is working with a mad scientist, completely unstable vampire called Myrnin who wears bunny slippers everywhere. Luckily Claire isn't to be messed with and gives as good as she gets ;-)

The brilliant thing about these books is that it's not a few random vampires, the whole town and the way it runs is carefully thought out and the characters are brilliant. Very easy to identify and like even some of the vampires :)

I'd love to see a movie made but then again, wouldn't want it ruined!

Beautiful creatures is a series of four books and the first has just been made into a movie (which is an AWFUL adaptation but an ok watch if you've not read the book). It's basically about a guy called Ethan who has been having dreams about some girl he doesnt even know for ages. Get's to school one year and there she is, Lena. Turns out she's been having the same dreams but that's not her only secret. She's a Caster (witch basically) and because of a curse put on her family centuries ago, when she reaches her 16th birthday she will become good or evil and so the curse goes, she wont have any choice. Ethan wants to try and save her from going Dark but pretty soon the whole town has turned against Lena.

Have you read Jeffrey Archers books... rotten MP but a brilliant storyteller.
    agreed on both counts

Do you like Terry Pratchet? I'm not too keen, and what about Stephen King... again... some are good and some are not so good. I did enjoy The Dome by him though and his latest one.. forget what it was called... about a guy who has to stop Kennedy being assasinated to change world events and what happens when he does... He time travels.. that one was good.
    I like the IDEA of Terry Pratchet but I've never managed to get through a book :( I talk enthusiastically with people about the concepts but I guess it's his writing which I find messy.

Stephen King used to be my goto author but then he started churning out utter rubbish. I have a theory that he started thinking "how would this work as a movie" and as often happens, forgot how to make the suspense work in written form. If you're saying he's got better again I may well go read some later ones! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you read the Fallen series by Lauren Kate, they are good

There is also Shiver, Linger and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater which I really liked and also books by Becca Fitzpatrick, I've read Hush, Hush, but I think there are another 2 in the series

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast