Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skyfall

Post Thanks / Like
    I must have been one of the few people left who had not have seen this film.

Well tonight we have watched it on DVD and I was bored It was just like every other Bond film, I don't understand what all the fuss was about

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two words. Daniel. Craig.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 303910
    Two words. Daniel. Craig.
    Nope don't get that either

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol he is sexy

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We just watched it too! I thought it was great and even jon admitted that he was getting close to Sean Connery. Can't wait for the next one

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw it on dvd love it DANIEL CRAIG is the best BOND SINCE CONNERY

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope don't get James Bond films either Tried to watch Skyfall because it was supposed to be amazing and I was bored too! The only film I have ever enjoyed was Live and Let Die!

Certainly don't get Daniel Craig either, he's way too craggy and miserable for me!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    English Classics IMHO :) Daniel Craig had such a hard role to play coming in as the EARLY Bond before he had the finesse of the later ones but having to play it in such a way that we could see him growing into that sophistication of the later bonds, but earlier films! Very difficult and I couldn't see any way that Craig would pull it off. Not only did he pull it off but he really took it to a new level and I've been impressed with each film.

Skyfall the film itself had a bit of a problem in my eyes. It was as if they knew what the end was going to be but didn't know how to get there. So we got some random bad guy who never really seemed committed to seeing off Bond. A Bond girl who was hardly in the film at all and indeed the first half of the movie seemed to be the writers cramming in everything we expect from a Bond movie into one half so they could then pretty randomly jump to the real shocks they had planned for the final scenes at skyfall.

Still, that having been said, amazing performances by Daniel Craid and Judy Dench as always and some shocks in there of course. A good watch even if it's not going to go down in my top 10 of movies ever :)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in as another, "I don't get it." I did watch a Bond or two years, and years ago when Connery was the Bond... bored to tears.

I do know though that millions and millions of people love Bond films.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i think with the Bond movies it's as much the meaning that's attached to them, for me it was a real treat to watch them and it was usually around Christmas/Easter time that they were on as a child. The whole family would gather and watch them. I also really like the stereotypical British feel to them, if there's one thing we do well it's taking the mickey out of ourselves, and the cars/gadgets etc are pretty cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast