There is some news coming from WDW News Today that they have in their possession some leaked concept art and information relating to the change from Downtown Disney to Disney Springs.
The proposed Hyperion Wharf project was cancelled a while ago and people were left wondering what was going to happen and it seems that new ideas are on the table.
We posted recently that there had been some leaks about the new Disney Springs and what might happen at Downtown Disney. It now seems that more information is available and it will be interesting to see if Disney admit or deny this.
Could this be the announcement that Disney Parks and Resorts have been teasing us with. As always, when artwork like this is leaked it should be taken only as a rumor until it is confirmed by Disney.
Here are a few pictures but the rest and more information can be found on WDNT What do you think, would you like to see this happen to Downtown Disney?
- A skybridge (overhead walkway) over Buena Vista Drive allows guests to safely cross the street and marks the entrance to “Disney Springs”. As well, Buena Vista Drive will dive under the car and bus entrances to “Disney Springs”.
- A new, larger bus loop located at the center of the entire complex
- New parking multi-level structure over what was mostly the second parking lot at Downtown Disney Marketplace
- Some strange added structure on the AMC 24 on West Side
- What is currently Planet Hollywood will no longer be surrounded by water an will probably be turned into some other establishment
- New, larger boat dock possibly built to handle large watercraft such as Friendship Boats
- New waterside building featured in the first piece of concept art above, replacing Rock ‘N’ Roll Beach Club & Motion
- Walkway between Portobello and Cookes of Dublin, allowing easier passage through the entire complex
- The Spring, the new focal point of the entire development
- The Town Center, a new area constructed on what is mostly now a parking lot. The dark orange structures on the map are all new buildings that will be part of the area.
- The current site of Pollo Campero/Bodie’s All-American/Babycakes NYC is empty, leading us to believe it will be demolished
- New bridge crossing the lake in the Village Marketplace
- New buildings replacing the former bus loop in the Village Marketplace
- Bridge connecting Village Marketplace to Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort