Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our 2013 combined birthday trip to WDW Part III

Post Thanks / Like
    This morning we decided to eat breakfast here at our hotel. Wrong move. There was a long waiting list to get in. As is most of WDW this week, our hotel is quite full. So we headed over to Magic Kingdom. All I can say is WOW. The traffic was backed up trying to get into the parking lot and it took the better part of a half hour just to get parked. I really wanted to ride the trams here and pondered taking the handicap placard out of the window but then decided to keep it in, hoping for one of the end slots near the tram. However, the CM said the tram wasnít running to that section of the parking lot and I ended up in the handicap parking, but it was first row and right across from the entrance to the TTC. Then, lines for the direct monorail were running down the ramps and out past the ticket windows. Donna and I opted for the resort monorail. It had a very short line. We got over to MK and the long lines, which will be a theme for this entire trip I think, continued. The park is jammed, wherever you go. We finally got into the park, got our pictures taken on Main Street USA and continued back to Fantasyland. Oddly enough we normally do Haunted Mansion first, but hey, we didnít have breakfast, so those cinnamon rolls were calling. Service at Gastonís was very slow. They had one person working each register and they had to take an order and then go pick it up including filling drink orders. We finally got our rolls and they were HUGE, but very tasty. We were able to find a seat and enjoyed our breakfast. Donna took lots of pictures. After eating we walked out just in time to see a celebrity meeting with Gaston. I didnít recognize him at first, but as soon as I saw him smile I knew who it was. It was Michael Strahan, former professional football player with the New York Giants, who now costars on a popular morning TV show with Kelly Ripa. Next we went into the store where Donna purchased a lovely tea cup and a Beauty and the Beast Painting. We were able to have this shipped back to our resort, one of the few things Disney that this resort actually participates in. Next was a stop at Enchanted Tales with Belle. The sign said there was an 80 minute wait. However, I think we were in line, in the attraction, and back out in less than 40 minutes. It has changed a bit since the soft opening we had seen in October. Our journey next took us to The Haunted Mansion. Guess what, there was a long line. LOL. From there it was over to TTA and Carousel of Progress. We next went over to Pirates of the Caribbean. They had one side of this closed until you got deep inside near the ride. It looks like they are doing some sort of work, but we were unable to tell what. As a result, the lines were stupid long. Once on the ride we both looked for the mermaids but did not see them. L Given the traffic we had already encountered and the fact that we had to work our way back to the hotel, then to the bank and over to the Boardwalk for dinner at the Flying Fish we decided we needed to leave the park after this. We worked our way through the crowd and up to the front. Our timing however, like back in October, found us caught up in the three oíclock parade so we had to wait for it to end in order to exit the park. We caught the express monorail, which was crowded, got back to the TTC and got in our car. We then headed back to our resort.

These pictures are not in the order I would like them, but no matter what order I try to put them in they come out different.

[ATTACH]14551.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14540.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14542.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14543.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14546.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14548.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14547.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you John. Donna looked really comfy in that chair.

Post Thanks / Like
    great pics!!

Sorry it was so crowded, is it spring break already?

Last year we went around Easter, and wow!! according to touring plans most parks were between 9.8/10 and 10/10 for crowds, first time Ive been in such crowded parks and it wasnt as fun as when the crowds are lower

Post Thanks / Like
    Mari, the crowds weren't quite that bad maybe 7.5 - 8.5/10. But much heavier than I thought they would be. But then with Mardi Gras, Valentine's Day and President's Day all within one week, that is probably why.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Loving the trip reports John and the photos are great

How has the Enchanted Tales with Belle changed, is it better or worse than the soft opening

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 304229
    Loving the trip reports John and the photos are great

How has the Enchanted Tales with Belle changed, is it better or worse than the soft opening
    Wendy they have added a bit more on the inside including time to actually linger in that first room.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 304201
    Mari, the crowds weren't quite that bad maybe 7.5 - 8.5/10. But much heavier than I thought they would be. But then with Mardi Gras, Valentine's Day and President's Day all within one week, that is probably why.
    8.5 is a lot!!

lots of events on the same week too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great pictures! The one of the castle showing the grass looks like a postcard!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks John, I like the idea of spending more time in the first room.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice photos. Thank you for sharing them with us. When we were there it was jam packed with guests, too. Very busy time of year, spring break.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.Ē ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast