Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to Stay at Gatwick Airport

Post Thanks / Like
    We are flying out of Gatwick South Terminal and I'm trying to decide where to stay the night before.

We usually stay at the Gatwick Hilton, but last year it was terrible and we have said we aren't going back.

Where have you stayed, what was it like and would you stay there again?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    We stayed in the brand new premier inn by the sofitel at the north terminal, we were flying out of the north terminal so it was perfect. However even if I was flying out of the south terminal i would use it, you cross the road go up the escalator or lift and the shuttle is right there. I only paid 29 and the good thing is it is brand new- only opened early December

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 304289
    We are flying out of Gatwick South Terminal and I'm trying to decide where to stay the night before.

We usually stay at the Gatwick Hilton, but last year it was terrible and we have said we aren't going back.

Where have you stayed, what was it like and would you stay there again?
    Wow, a Hilton that was bad? I don't think I've ever seen that. Sounds like upper management need to take a look at it. I'll admit that I don't stay at a Hilton all that often but they have always been upscale.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 304300
    Wow, a Hilton that was bad? I don't think I've ever seen that. Sounds like upper management need to take a look at it. I'll admit that I don't stay at a Hilton all that often but they have always been upscale.
    I have in the UK, seems around the rest of the world they're a lot better. I'd rather stay in a new premier inn here as you know what you're getting

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 304298
    We stayed in the brand new premier inn by the sofitel at the north terminal, we were flying out of the north terminal so it was perfect. However even if I was flying out of the south terminal i would use it, you cross the road go up the escalator or lift and the shuttle is right there. I only paid 29 and the good thing is it is brand new- only opened early December
    We are staying here in August on Julie's recommendation

Post Thanks / Like
    We're staying the South Terminal Premier Inn in August. Have used this chain a few times and had no negatives to report. They do a nice breakfast buffet too.

If you want a laugh the Gatwick Travelodge is brilliant. Have stayed there twice and it's a giggle but for 19 a room you shouldn't expect much. It was just a place to sleep for a night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Julie, is there parking at the Premier Inn, not long term, but we will have a rental that we will drop it back on the morning we flyout. Is it just like a normal Premier Inn, does it have an onsite restaurant

John, the Gatwick Hilton used to be really nice, but they have changed over the years and it has gone downhill. We always have one of their deluxe rooms and even they aren't cleaned properly anymore. I think it's a case of people are only staying for one night so they don't care

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 304315
    We're staying the South Terminal Premier Inn in August. Have used this chain a few times and had no negatives to report. They do a nice breakfast buffet too.

If you want a laugh the Gatwick Travelodge is brilliant. Have stayed there twice and it's a giggle but for 19 a room you shouldn't expect much. It was just a place to sleep for a night.
    We have stayed there every year we go, but last year it was the final straw, we book dinner, bed and breakfast, the dinner was cold so we left and ended up with room service and breakfast was revolting. I actually complained to the concierge and we were given a 50% refund.

I don't mind paying good money but I do expect to get a good service for what I've paid for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 304323
    Thanks Julie, is there parking at the Premier Inn, not long term, but we will have a rental that we will drop it back on the morning we flyout. Is it just like a normal Premier Inn, does it have an onsite restaurant

John, the Gatwick Hilton used to be really nice, but they have changed over the years and it has gone downhill. We always have one of their deluxe rooms and even they aren't cleaned properly anymore. I think it's a case of people are only staying for one night so they don't care
    Sorry not sure about parking as we got the train down, there is a car park opposite though. There is a restaurant but you could also go in the terminal or Sofitel as easily. We got there quite late so just picked up a bed picnic from M&S

Post Thanks / Like
    Last time we stayed at the hilton but that was because we got a good deal - room only though, i refuse to pay their prices for a continental breakfast! We eat at the airport after we have done the twilight checkin and have breakfast at frankie and bennys in the morning.

The previous time we stayed at the travelodge. It took the shuttle a crazy amount of time to get to the terminal, we waited there for over an hour, it was bitterly cold (November) and we had isabelle who was only 2 at the time. I wasnt impressed! The room was ok, basic but had everything we needed for one night. The breakfast in the morning wasnt particularly nice though. However, this was over 4yrs ago - and it was only 19 at the time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast