Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I have my Appointment Date

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you John

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 305587
    Text me to let me know how it goes, please? I'll be thinking of you the whole day and won't be able to concentrate.
    Me too.

I`ll be thinking about you Wendy....hope you will soon be able to don your dancing shoes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 305624
    Me too.

I`ll be thinking about you Wendy....hope you will soon be able to don your dancing shoes.
    Thanks Terry, I will let you know

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope your appointment has a successful outcome. Fingers crossed for you.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking of you this morning. Hope you are getting ready and that the health professionals have some good answers for you.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Diane and Tink

I'm all ready to go, but we aren't leaving until 11.20 as my appointment is at 11.50. I've got an uneasy feeling in my tummy. Silly I know

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope all goes well this morning Wendy. By my calculations you should be there by now.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm back :)

It was a busy morning, I had to have an xray and then an MRI and I was in my appointment with the consultant for over an hour.

Basically the degeneration of my knee is much worse than it was 3 years ago :( I only really have one option at the moment and that is an arthroscopy and that is only because it is being paid for by the insurance company. He said that if it was funded by the NHS, he would not be allowed to do it, because it could be a waste of time and rescources as it isn't guaranteed to make any difference.

He said I wouldn't be considered for a replacement knee for about 10 years because of the cost and because they only last for about 15 years, so that would mean I would have to have further surgery to replace the knee replacement Chris asked what would happen if I was unable to walk and he said it would have to be exceptional circumstances for Derriford (our NHS hospital) to agree to a knee replacement and whilst he would fight for me, he couldn't guarantee the funding.

So there you have it, I am waiting for an appointment now for an arthroscopy which is a day case operation, but hopefully I should hear sometime this week when it will be.

I think part of me is happy that I am having the minor op as this helped my left knee a lot, the other part is scared that it won't work and I will be stuck like this for the next 10 years :(

Post Thanks / Like
    A bit of a mixed bag it seems

I think you have found the silver lining though - at least for now it's only a "minor" operation (such a silly word when it's referring to ANY surgery, IMO). Still thinking of you as you move forward and REALLY hoping the scope will make things better, hon. xxoo

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope the procedure brings you some relief

I will never understand making people wait for a knee replacement. There is no guarantee that one is going to be around in 10 years and shouldn't you have quality of life now as opposed to waiting for the future?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast