Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atitude to other people

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was just thinking how your attitude changes to other people from other nations when you travel I have found i have great affinity with a AMERICAN PEOPLE due to my visits to the USA and other countries i have visited

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, as we all know I loved being in Ireland and was treated very kindly by (most :D ) the Irish people. Canada is an amazing country filled with very kind and considerate people. I have a tendency to feel close to them/that country as my Grandfather was a French Canadian.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats so true! and it's interesting which sets of people you end up feeling closest to.

For example, although we're technically Europeans, I feel much more at home in the States than when travelling in most parts of Europe. I find that my world view, attitudes, aspirations and general outlook are far more aligned with those of the US.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with Keith

I have found that some Countries in Europe, (I won't name them, but you can probably guess ) tolerate you because you are English but they have no time for you at all and yet I have never felt that way in the US.

It really is like a second home for me and if we were younger then we have both said that there is every possibility that we would be living there now. Unfortunately we found America in our later years.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mainly yes but like others I have a hard time aligning myself with some Europeans.... Especially the ones that chain smoke and push in line! Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 304474
    Mainly yes but like others I have a hard time aligning myself with some Europeans.... Especially the ones that chain smoke and push in line! Lol
    I wonder who they could be, I think the majority of people have a problem with them

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that I may upset a few people here but I am very fond of a certain European Country which has the Eiffel Tower. Most people I know say that the people are arrogant and rude, but I have to say we encountered that throughout our whole trip to Ireland, which is a shame as I was so looking forward to visiting there.

We are big rugby supporters and therefore we have travelled far and wide following the Welsh team. The french supporters both in this country and in France have been wonderful and would say the best to be around. With both my children, whilst heavily pregnant, we went to the six nations matches with Wales v France. On both occasions the french supporters moved people out the way for me, gave up their chairs for me and kept making sure that I was ok and did I need anything. In Paris many years ago we went to a match but our tickets meant that we were split up with Andrew one end of the pitch and me the other. Once again the french supporters made sure I was ok and when I came outside they were lovely and waited with me until Andrew arrived. But not only that throughout the whole trip to Paris we were treated beautifully as we have all over the country with further trips, (not just for rugby I may add). Andrew also works with many nationalities and once again his french colleagues are great.

We like France so much that Meg is determined to live there as an adult, she is even planning to study dress design in Paris. Bless her heart, there's nothing like aiming high at 10 years old.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    You won't upset anyone Sam, everyone's entitled to there own opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Sam you won't upset anyone at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 304489
    Oh Sam you won't upset anyone at all.
    absolutely right!

For what it's worth, when I've met people in France on a one to one basis, colleagues, friends of colleagues etc. I've found them very friendly indeed. It's just I think from a more macro point of view, the ideals of Europe in general don't fit well with my views and I think this is why the UK as a whole doesn't really gel with the EU. It's not that there isn't huge potential it's just that we don't fit very well

From the first time I got off the plane in the US I felt a country which was inspirational, a can do anything type of attitude where they applaud and respect hard work/success. It feels young and therefore unencumbered by "old" expectations and entitlements. I don't know if that makes any sense at all? but so much of the UK/Europe seem to feel they have an entitlement to things and shouldn't really need to work for it. There's a "we don't like it, lets go on strike or riot" attitude.

I know nowhere is perfect but I'd have loved to live in the states

The other country which always seems to make considered decisions is Canada. I know sometimes their decisions can be controversial but they seem to risk doing the right thing yah know? I like that
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast