Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you Seen Celebrities Whilst on Holiday

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 304501
    You mean you ran faster than any man has ever ran
    I didn't have to run, I just had to duck they were on the monorail and I was in the contemporary as it went through
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh My GOSH!!!
    You all may not believe this but YEARS ago (maybe 15) my new husband, Mom, Brother and Sister in Law were on a family vacation to WDW Florida and were walking through Downtown Disney for some shopping....
    We didn't notice right away that the crowds were thinning and we were nearly alone walking through one of the "back ways" to a gift shop.
    Well, we soon figured out what was going on... as we came around a bend thick in the trees, I nearly ran smack into Michael Jackson!!! At first didn't realize who he was as he was walking with ONE other person (definitely a bodyguard, HUGE!).
    As soon as it hit me WHO this was I thought "wow, he's taller and not as skinny as I imagined!". :-)
    We made eye contact, he said "Hi" and I said "Hi, how are you?" He said "I'm having so much fun! I love this place! I just bought several wonderful ships in that shop right there" (right behind him and where we were headed).
    I said "nice to meet you" and he said "Thank you, have a great stay".
    Whew! I think I may have been a bit numb after that; very very surreal!
    He was friendly and seemed approachable although we all kept walking.
    As we entered the almost empty shop we noticed that there was a large crowd out front waiting to be let in. Maybe for a chance to see Michael!
    I'll never forget it, neat experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    At Disney? Ken Starr. Right around the time he was tormenting Former President Clinton. Peter, the man who plays Chewie. He was in EPCOT. Didn't know who he was until the news report that evening.

I've seen the Queen... but not in WDW! :D In Bermuda. She was with Phillip... she waved to me. :D :D (Just me mind, not the entire crowd standing waiting for her to pass by). :D

And there was this big hulking mass of a man who boarded a plane I was once on (when I did all that traveling for work). The women attendants were all addlepated... One commented something to me that I didn't hear clearly enough to understand and my lack of awe seemed to irritate her. I told her I hadn't heard her and she repeated it. I don't remember the name, some wrestling guy... I told her I didn't know who that was. She gave me up for a hopeless case.

I really don't pay that much attention. I'd be another who'd be standing right next to someone and never notice. I have met Bobby Flay, Rick Bayless, Martin Yan and Andrea Immer Robinson, along with Annette Grechi Gray but those are all chefs. Not Andrea, she's a master sommelier...

At any rate, that's the extent of my sightings, at least as I can remember.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Over the years we've seen quite a few. Flip Wilson and Annette Funicello at the airport, at different times. Joe Namath on Carousel of Progress, Michael Strahan on this last trip, David Ogden Stiers when were at the Grand Californian at Disneyland, Kenny Mayne at DHS. I'm sure there have been others that I can't even remember.

And many years ago while I was at my first assignment in the Air Force I was attending an Illinois-Purdue football game at the University of Illinois. Purdue was running all over the Illini that day and it was cold and windy. At halftime I had moved from my end zone seat over to the sidelines where there were more people and it wasn't quite as cold. Illinois finally scored and as we jumped to our feet to cheer I felt some fall on my from behind. I was able to catch her and in chatting with her found out that she was Miss Illinois. She went on to win the Miss America pageant.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 304488
    Didn't you have someone on your flight from Manchester one year as well, I can vaguely remember Sue saying something
    Ah yes I`d forgot about that!
    We did share a flight with Paul Burrell [Princess Di`s ex butler] one year and I was chatting to him for ages in the baggage claim area at MCO and didn`t know who he was, although I knew that his face was familiar!
    Oddly enough he was flying out in Economy!

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember we saw Marla Maples at Six Flags Over Georgia once. I was kind of young and I didn't recognize her but my mom did. She and her daughter jumped to the front of the line.

And at Disney, on my very first trip, we're pretty sure we saw Melissa Joan Hart at MGM (back when it WAS MGM). She had some people around her, and I think one of them had an ear piece, and I also believe it was during the time when Sabrina The Teenage Witch was filming there. My mom was trying to get me to go up to her, but I was too bashful. :)

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island. -- Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    and here I thought you meant you were on the actual monorail with us Keith!

I did recognize and then run down our very own Isafari Alysia and I were sitting on a bench in MK and she walked by us. I was like hmmmm I know that face. Then proceeded to holler to her name till she turned around in shock

I saw Trace Adkins when he was a narrator at Candlelight Processional. Oh and Steven Curtis Chapman but not any out and about.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, one I forgot, we saw David McCallum (Illya Kuryakin in the Man from Uncle and Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard" on NCIS) while were on Portobello Road in London.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Reading these posts makes me really wish that I was back in the 60`s when my Mum managed to get me a [unpaid] job at the theatre where she worked part time.
    Although I was only in my early teens, I remember those times as though they were yesterday, and what a privilege to have "shared the stage" with many of the top bands at the time including the Beatles, the Stones , Jimi Hendrix & the Who etc.etc.....not to mention a certain Mr Clapton who was there when he was a member of Cream!

Needless to say but I have an amazing collection of autographs and memorabilia that are worth a fortune today, although I would have to be really hard up before I parted with them as they hold so many memories of those halcyon days.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love hearing you talk about your mum and those days when you got to meet so many stars

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast